• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition GB (14th GB)

If you are allowed to edit the opening post, you might move the Google sign up sheet to a more prominent place. It a little bit lost in the middle of the paragraph and I didn't find it until my 3rd visit. Of course, I am growing older, so it could be my eye sight. Just a thought.

Hi Jac,

I've set the font bold instead.

I think it could help, do you agree? ;)

Dario,
I'm definitely interested in this GB for 1 Kit (1 Kit = 2 Channel, correct?). What I need is the board with SMD already soldered. Thank you.

Fine :)

Just do as indicated in the opening post then: ;)

If interested please PM me your PayPal associated email address and fill your nickname, country (2 letter code), number of kits and smd option on the Google Spreadsheet (please leave blank the 'PP account sent' column, I'll fill it so you have a feedback that I've received your data)

Nothing yet but I would like to:
  • change C13 pads and dimensions
  • support TO247 resistors for R3
  • support feedback capacitor for fet-opamps compensation (if possible)

Hi Dario, after building two FE Evo A I thought I'd try the fet-opamp version. Before ordering a kit, I wanted to ask you if you could insert all three changes in the new board. Thanks for everything
Ciao
Giacinto

Hi Dario, after building two FE Evo A I thought I'd try the fet-opamp version. Before ordering a kit, I wanted to ask you if you could insert all three changes in the new board. Thanks for everything
Ciao
Giacinto
Ciao Giacinto,

I'm still evaluating new parts and did not start yet modifying boards so I'm not ready to answer this question, stay tuned.

Why not replace the faston connections with pcb terminals? Crimping tools are expensive and don't work well together with solid copper wire. A pcb terminal seems a lot easier to me ... but I pressume this was done out of space constraints.

Inmplementing PCB terminals (I suppose you mean the screw on type) would require a MAJOR redesign of boards and BTW I prefer faston tabs, more reliable and better sounding.

GB update

So far only 13 kits are present in the spreadsheet so boards will be made in China.

Since I'm not ready yet with the updated design I will postpone deadlines a couple of weeks so that more people could jump-in and possible made possible production in Italy.

Otherwise I will fix price price as planned but boards will probably be the last version with little or no update.

What do you think guys?

PS
Please, when you add yourself to the GB also post here so to keep the thread visible. ;)

Hey Dario,

I agree with him.
I'm not in a hurry with the pcb's, and would also wait.
Especially since I'm also very interested in the updates.

Printed circuit boards made in Italy would of course be much nicer, but if it couldn't be otherwise, then it would be from China..

How can it be that so few participate in this?

How can it be that so few participate in this?

First, we must keep the thread visible, if people don't see it can't participate... ;)

So whoever subscribe to the GB, please post here you'r doing it!

Also this project reached the 14th GB and continues since 2012/2013, making big numbers is not easy, usually each GB have 25-30 kits.

Wow! Its a long time, isn't it? :)

Dario,
Yes it has been a long time. When did you the first boards for those limited number of testers? I think my first boards were June 2012 and were version 1.00. If I recall correctly, there was a "Release Candidate" board as well.

Anyway, I'm happy to be still building this design and continuing to see improvement. I think most people would be surprised how good this amp is, but some just don't think a chip amp can perform as well as these do.