• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Turntable Tachometer and motor speed controller

Hi, no there will not be a third Group Buy as demand is dropping off. I do however, have some partially built boards that I can finish if you want a fully assembled board. If you use the Group Buy 2 link and fill that out I can ship you one. Although the parts kit and external enclosure are listed these are no longer available.

Amp almost complete, just need to finish the connection cabling for the turntable.

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_162141.jpg
    IMG_20201017_162141.jpg
    907.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_20201017_162405.jpg
    IMG_20201017_162405.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 381
Hi iaRIVR & sachu888, I don't know the kind of motor in all turntables but I think the Thorens 125 & 150 probably use 2 phase 24 pole 115V synchronous motors. (I did a quick google search). If you can confirm then yes the controller is suitable in native form. If it's a shaded pole motor you will need a Class D booster amp and transformer as well. This has been discussed in earlier posts.

I do have some partially assembled boards I can finish to make fully assembled units. Fill out the Group Buy 2 link - noting there are no external enclosure options or kits available.

iaRIVR - yes should work providing you get a compatible motor. Quite a few members have used on Thorens TT's.

Here is my assembly. I use Zeus on my fully rebuilt Conrad Jonson Sonographe SG-3 turntable. Motor is new Premotec 9904 111 31813. Thank you scobham for very nice piece and prefect addition to DYI world.

Attachments

• IMG_3565.jpg
    IMG_3565.jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 345
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    771.2 KB · Views: 332
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 330
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 229
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 208

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 413
Just a quick note to say I have the Zeus fitted and working on a Thorens TD150 Mk 2. Many thanks to Steve for his prompt and helpful hints provided at various points.

I will do a proper PID parameter set in a week or so (progress has been temporarily halted by the need for new tonearm wiring - don't ask.....). But would be very interested to hear from anyone else who is using a Zeus with a TD150.

Initial indications are that we need a lower value of P and a higher value of D than the defaults to damp down some "ringing". And that the TD150 motor prefers a soft start frequency delta of 0.

Paul