• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Purifi’s PTT6.5W04-01A woofer group buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Some ideas I had for a test cabinet for this driver.

Denovo makes a 0.56cu ft (15.6L) flatpack MDF cabinet for 6.5in 2-way speaker. Dayton makes 6.5in passive radiators (2 would be ideal) and they have mass tuning bolts. Combine with your favorite tweeter (dome, ribbon, AMT) or dome with WG like I am doing and the whole thing is quite manageable and rapidly buildable.

I have this other project with an RS180 that I could pull out and the Purifi is almost a perfect drop in fit. Then need to measure and develop crossover. Could be done pretty quickly.

Purifi Audio by Bruno Putzeys and friends.

I have an RS28F and Visaton WG-300 with custom 3d printed adapter plate.

A couple of these PR’s on the back would probably work well:
Dayton Audio DSA175-PR 6-1/2" Designer Series Aluminum Cone Passive Radiator

Hi Norman,
Can you please provide a final consolidated list of the GB participants and number of drivers pledged so far? My last count is at circa 32 drivers for just people who posted their interest. Something to be aware of is that a large ~$16k GB order and will be subject to hefty duties/import tariffs etc.

Good point. Just curious, what will be the worst case?
I bought a pair drivers from EU to US(Thomann, Visaton B200) and there's no tax/duty.

Im also interested in a couple of these woofers. Would need to sort a way to get them to NZ after they in the states however .. :(

Hi mainframe99,

I have fielded requests from individuals in Australia and Hong Kong seeking to join the GB. I do not believe it works for you from a cost perspective.

For this group buy the challenge is to take advantage of the discount we get from the 8+ price break on the drivers and not see that saving disappear due to the double shipping cost incurred. I say ‘double’ because Purifi require for the multiple driver price breaks to apply the shipment from Purifi be to a single address. Therefore we pay first for Denmark to Tulsa Oklahoma USA shipping where I repackage the drivers ordered and ship to individual group buy members.

Shipping a pair of the drivers from Oklahoma to Australia quoted at $300USD and Hong Kong approached $600USD. I expect NZ to be in that range. At that cost you can order a pair direct from Purifi at the two piece price and with shipping land them in NZ sooner and for less cost than the group buy and ship Denmark to USA then USA to NZ.

Group buy is closed to new members, time to move on and get our drivers ordered. All who asked to be part of the GB should receive a DIYAudio PM with details for the next steps. Let me know if you believe you are part of the GB and did not get todays PM titled "Purifi woofers Group Buy steps 2 – 6".

GB members be sure and get me your email address when you reply via PM. DIYAudio PM is not intended for large group communication so in the future comms within the group will be by email. I will post status reports to this thread for those interested in our progress.

Hi mainframe99,

I have fielded requests from individuals in Australia and Hong Kong seeking to join the GB. I do not believe it works for you from a cost perspective.

For this group buy the challenge is to take advantage of the discount we get from the 8+ price break on the drivers and not see that saving disappear due to the double shipping cost incurred. I say ‘double’ because Purifi require for the multiple driver price breaks to apply the shipment from Purifi be to a single address. Therefore we pay first for Denmark to Tulsa Oklahoma USA shipping where I repackage the drivers ordered and ship to individual group buy members.

Shipping a pair of the drivers from Oklahoma to Australia quoted at $300USD and Hong Kong approached $600USD. I expect NZ to be in that range. At that cost you can order a pair direct from Purifi at the two piece price and with shipping land them in NZ sooner and for less cost than the group buy and ship Denmark to USA then USA to NZ.

Legend! I had those thoughts briefly but had to get back to work. You have confirmed my suspicions.

I'm interested in building the SPK5 kit but might hold off and see what people manage to do with this driver - exciting!. Its quite a commitment for a pair of woofers and the mundorf AMT tweets shipped all the way here.