• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Premium ACA with CapMX PSU

Hi Rudi,
Sorry, only just saw your comment about the sinks.

Indeed my intention is to stack the sinks vertically to optimise the airflow - 2 per channel. The PCB will be mounted vertically onto the sink with power input at the bottom and signal in/out towards the top.
Kevin

Hi Rudi,
My apologies I only just got to researching your question about sound cards. I personally prefer to go for the PCIe cards, as these have both 5V and 12V inputs and invariably have additional smoothing/filtering. Below are links to three reviews:

12 Best Sound Cards in 2020 - External and Internal - The Tech Lounge
The Best Sound Cards in 2020 | High Ground Gaming
Best Sound Card for PC, Laptop, Gaming & Audiophiles in 2020

I'm not biased to any specific make currently, though I rue the day Turtle Beach stopped making sound cards. My biggest concern is that all of these sites are only looking at the Asus and CreativeLabs cards. Here and there is another make or three.
I used to be into PCs in a big way, but no longer. I will look around a bit more and see what's available

Kevin
P.S. Roland may have something available though probably at a premium price

Last edited:
Can somebody assist me please. Supplier here says they do not have enough stock of the IRFP240 will the IRFP250 (Infineon) work. I know the capacitance and gate voltages are higher than the IRFP240s, but not being an electronics expert (beginner) what would the effect be of using the IRFP 250 instead of the 240? (with an electronics explanation if possible?)

Rudi’s boards are great! I’ve built 3 amps already and they sound wonderful. My friend who is a musician and has a 5.1 with all Klipsch Jubilees is using two of these amps on his horns and he prefers them over tube amps that cost twice as much. He even liked them more than Nelson’s F6!

I just finished the below amp a couple hours ago. 4 total boards and set up to run balanced XLR or parallel. Sounds awesome and is dead silent!

Attachments

• 367134D1-08ED-422C-877B-F9B0143CCBD9.jpg
    367134D1-08ED-422C-877B-F9B0143CCBD9.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 345BF734-AB18-47D7-9FD6-A507205B465A.jpg
    345BF734-AB18-47D7-9FD6-A507205B465A.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 301
On my boards I’m using the parts Tungsten Audio recommended (Nichicon Fine Gold 4700uf and Organic Polymer caps). As for resistors, on my first amps I built I tried to use Dale RN65 resistors but they were large and hard to fit. On this amp I used all Vishal Beyschlag resistors and they were small enough to fit the boards perfectly and still sound nice. As for Mosfets I used IRFP240s.

On my boards I’m using the parts Tungsten Audio recommended (Nichicon Fine Gold 4700uf and Organic Polymer caps). As for resistors, on my first amps I built I tried to use Dale RN65 resistors but they were large and hard to fit. On this amp I used all Vishal Beyschlag resistors and they were small enough to fit the boards perfectly and still sound nice. As for Mosfets I used IRFP240s.

Thank you, so you are not using IRFP140s and retained the IRFP9240 or 9140? Looking at your pic I presume you are using the on-board bridge rectifier on each of the amp module. Also what about the biasing resistors of 3W?

I have 3 pairs of "my ACA with Premium Parts" (slight modifications on the original ACA done by TungstenAudio; CapMx Multiplier - PSU on the PCB) left.
I expect to them in my hands in about 2 weeks.

The price for a pair of PCBs incl. shipping (registered mail with tracking ID) and PAYPAL-fee is 20€.

Give me a PM if you are interested.

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• ACA.jpg
    ACA.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 395
PM sent.

Thanks
Balaji

I have 3 pairs of "my ACA with Premium Parts" (slight modifications on the original ACA done by TungstenAudio; CapMx Multiplier - PSU on the PCB) left.
I expect to them in my hands in about 2 weeks.

The price for a pair of PCBs incl. shipping (registered mail with tracking ID) and PAYPAL-fee is 20€.

Give me a PM if you are interested.

Best regards - Rudi

The 3 pairs of ACA PCBs (see post on top) have been spoken for / sold.
But if requested, I will order another small couple of "my ACA PCBs".

Current request:

sthcoaster - 2 PCBs

I will wait for further requests until Sunday and then decide, if and how many ..

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: The 3rd image is showing the prototype of a small "PRE" that I will use together with my own ACA.
The functions of the PRE are: Soft-Power-On, Mains DC Removal, Volume Attenuation (done by remote control and motorized potentiometer),
Signal-Source-Selection, Temperature Sensor, ...

The heart of the PRE is a Microchip 8 Bit µP PIC16F1827.
I have "some" experience with defining projects in MPLAB, programming in "C" and programming the µP via a PICKIT2,
but this time I want to change to MPLAB X and to the XC8 C compiler.

If there is somebody that likes this project and has time and is interested to join it: I will send him a PCB - for nothing of course.

Attachments

• ACA.JPG
    ACA.JPG
    551.3 KB · Views: 320
  • IMAGE1.JPG
    IMAGE1.JPG
    550.4 KB · Views: 310
  • SNV34968.JPG
    SNV34968.JPG
    552.1 KB · Views: 282
This is the list of prospective buyers:

sthcoaster - 2 PCBs
OtisCampbell - 2 PCBs
angchuck - 2 PCBs

I will order 10 PCBs (I will keep 1 pair for my own, so 1 pair is avilable), as soon as you three have paid me.
The price for a pair of PCBs incl. tracked shipping is 20€.

My PAYPAL-ID is: RRozek@t-online.de

Best regards - Rudi

P.S.: Which PCB-colour do you prefer? Red or green?

Last edited: