• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB F5X Amp final build Cases

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi All,

Just to give all of you a brief update on the F5X case build, we have not stoped working during lockdown.

Of the machining only the front is still under way, all else is done.
Now we need to wait for anodizing shop to open after this pandemic lockdown and then ship to you.

Here are some images of the machining and heatsink media blasting.

Due to the closure of many shops during this pandemic, the anodizer is also closed but expected to be up and running again sometime in May.

We will forge ahead with the Preamp cases and will most likely anodize F5X and F5XP all together.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 357
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
One more ...before last ...Update

Here are some more pictures of case Assembly tests and final prep work of parts before taking them to Anodizer on Monday next.

After that it's shipping to you.

The two options we are considering is sending case disassembled with all the necessary screws to do the assembly, as this might be cheaper for you.

Of course the other option is saving you an hours work and sending it assembled but this will be more expensive because of volume.

We are getting various shipping options and will publish here for you to choose.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 134
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 134
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 142
  • I2.jpg
    I2.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 150
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello All,

Good news, The Anodizer has finished work on the Amp cases after reopening post Covid-19.

During the following week i will be sending you individual shipping options, here is hoping there are no shipping restrictions to your individual country.

Anyway you will get information on shipping.

I will also expect second instalment payment for those that only paid first instalment as well as the shipping cost according to your choice.

After getting information from your as to your choice of shipping I will send each one the specific total prior to shipping.

Carlos