• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: PCB design software download special for DIYAUDIO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Nigel - whats the difference between the 3 versions?

PCBCAD51 full pcbcad design package plus simple XNA and direct x 3d rendering modules.

PCBCAD720 full pcbcad package without 3d rendering modules but has very fast screen redraw.

PCBCAD360 full pcbcad package without 3d rendering modules but uses C++ for very fast screen redraw.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Nigel,

Received the download and security key. Thank you. I have not initiated download yet due info in post 23.

Referring to Post 23 and reading information from the website it is quoted:

" 3D PCB viewer module. (not PCBCAD360)" , brings questions:

1. So, is it included with the pcbcad720 version, or do you need the pcbcad51 for 3D rendering of the pcb.?

2. Also, is the 3D viewer like the ones you see for populated pcb's so it gives the builder an idea of what the pcb looks like with components installed.?

3. Based on your answers on the above, if I wanted the 3D capability, could you supply another download/security key for the 51 package, since I have paid for the 720 package already, but have not downloaded it.

Thanks for the help with this, confusing for a newbie trying to find his way.

MM

Hi Nigel,

Received the download and security key. Thank you. I have not initiated download yet due info in post 23.

Referring to Post 23 and reading information from the website it is quoted:

" 3D PCB viewer module. (not PCBCAD360)" , brings questions:

1. So, is it included with the pcbcad720 version, or do you need the pcbcad51 for 3D rendering of the pcb.?

2. Also, is the 3D viewer like the ones you see for populated pcb's so it gives the builder an idea of what the pcb looks like with components installed.?

3. Based on your answers on the above, if I wanted the 3D capability, could you supply another download/security key for the 51 package, since I have paid for the 720 package already, but have not downloaded it.

Thanks for the help with this, confusing for a newbie trying to find his way.

MM

You don't need 3d rendering in PCBCAD720.
The 3d viewer is very basic just a 3d representation of the pcb using grpahic shapes.
I rarely use the 3d viewers, the 2d pcb component outlines how the limits of the components anyway.
Regards Nigel

PCBCAD51 full pcbcad design package plus simple XNA and direct x 3d rendering modules.

PCBCAD720 full pcbcad package without 3d rendering modules but has very fast screen redraw.

PCBCAD360 full pcbcad package without 3d rendering modules but uses C++ for very fast screen redraw.

Hello Nigel,
Just for my understanding, which version is the pro version with all possible features included?

regards
prasi
Sorry for banal question, but I do not understand software terminology.

Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Nigel,
Just for my understanding, which version is the pro version with all possible features included?

regards
prasi
Sorry for banal question, but I do not understand software terminology.

XNA is just a 3d rendering addition for Windows.
Direct X does the same thing.
To be honest I never use either as the 2d rendering shows if anything is overlapping or not.

If you run Windows 10 I would recommend PCBCAD720.
If you run anything older then I recommend PCBCAD51.
Murton-Pike Systems PCBCAD51 pcb design software - Murton-Pike Systems PCBCAD51 PCBCAD PCB CAD printed circuit design software.

Regards Nigel

thanks Nigel,
I went for pcbcad720. receipt no. 70855684BJ582333S .
Also, can the licence be transferred over to a new laptop once i decide to change my current laptop?
regards
prasi
ps. got the link, thanks for the quick email.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Can any of the buyers give some initial feedback of how they have perceived the software? I am looking for a software with not to steep learning curve,

All the best Wino

On the launcher page there is an email address, use that for feedback.
I am always open to bug fixes and new ideas.
But bear in mind this is £4.50 not £450 !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.