Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Group Buy for Jan's high voltage regulator
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2020, 12:00 AM   #251
Deke609 is offline Deke609  Canada
diyAudio Member

No luck with the tests. All of the following failed: (1) parafeed load (amp as designed) with 50K resistor across T-reg output; (2) same as (1) but with addition of 110 uF cap in parallel with 50K resistor; (3) same as (2) but with output transformers disconnected. In all cases, the T-reg output was unstable - randomly bouncing around +/- 1V rms or so.

I will look into the motorboating issue. I think I will need to scope the amp to explore this. Without the reg, with the output stage fed directly from the CLCLC filter, I don't hear any motorboating, or hum/noise of any kind. But I suppose there could be inaudible oscillation. I need to read up more about this and do some scoping. This will have to wait a week or more -- but I will report back on what I find.

cheers and thanks, Derek
  Reply to this post

Group Buy for Jan's high voltage regulatorHide this!Advertise here!