• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pass Aleph style heatsinks

Just had an idea.
You could ask the diyaudio store if they would be intetested in stocking maybe 15 sets of heatsinks (60 pieces)
You could then buy 10 sets + 15 sets (100 pieces) to get the price down.
I can't commit right now as I am possibly moving and already have too much stuff to try and move.

In a 2 months or so I could definitely purchase some.

The newer heatsinks look better to me.

Mailman was here. I have opened 2 of the 4 boxes, and what I found looks good to me. I attached a teaser.

I will check the remaining boxes and then take better photos so you guys can figure out which type you prefer (batch-1 or batch-2).

Attachments

• heatsink_aleph_batch2.resized.jpg
    heatsink_aleph_batch2.resized.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 372
Batch-1 Heatsinks

The heatsinks that I got from the first batch were "prototypes", as the factory called them. They were machined, not made by extrusion. The profile is not 100% identical to the drawing in the first post. The fins are straight (not tapered) and not rounded at the ends, and the bases of the outermost fins are a bit different and also not always perfectly identical between the different heatsinks. Some heatsinks have dents at the corners (shouldn't be too difficult to straighten them, mask the scratches with an Edding, and use them on the rear side of the amp where no one will see it).

I attached some photos showing the batch-1 heatsinks.

Attachments

• DSC09609.resized.JPG
    DSC09609.resized.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC09608.resized.JPG
    DSC09608.resized.JPG
    424.8 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC09610.resized.JPG
    DSC09610.resized.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC09611.resized.JPG
    DSC09611.resized.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 317
Batch-2 Heatsinks

The heatsinks that I got from the second batch are made by extrusion. The profile is identical to the drawing in the first post (tapered fins with rounded ends etc.). They are all identical. No dents.

I attached some photos showing the batch-2 heatsinks.

Attachments

• DSC09616.resized.JPG
    DSC09616.resized.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC09607.resized.JPG
    DSC09607.resized.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC09605.resized.JPG
    DSC09605.resized.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 197
Time to get the group buy moving!

The heatsinks from both batches are 200 mm long.

Batch-1 heatsinks:

I will sell the batch-1 heatsinks (machined) for 40 Euros per heatsink (that's the bargain you have been waiting for!). So far, there are no firm reservations, but some of you have already expressed interest. First come, first served!

Batch-2 heatsinks:

Price for the batch-2 heatsinks (extruded) is 140 Euro per heatsink. I have 20 of those heatsinks, and they are all reserved for JeffYoung, mordikai, and myself:

mbrennwa / 8 pieces / CONFIRMED
JeffYoung / 4 pieces / CONFIRMED
mordikai / 8 pieces / CONFIRMED

JeffYoung and mordikai: please send me a PM with your PayPal email and shipping address (incl. phone number) so that I can work out the shipping costs and send a PayPal invoice.

Shipping:

I will ship with Swiss Post. If you want to figure out your shipping costs, take a look here: vsc
Hints: each heatsink weighs 2.5 kg, and I won't ship more than six pieces in one parcel (simply because I don't have suitable packing materials).

what amp are you putting in these? I like the bottom hookups, cool!

I intend to make an Aleph J (using ZenMods Babelfish PCBs). I also want to make a USSA-5 with my second set of heatsinks.

But first I need to figure out the shipping of the heatsinks for this group buy. I started preparing the smallest shipping (take it easy on the first one), but the PayPal payment got stuck. I am waiting until this is sorted. Once I know how everything works I will continue with the remaining parcels. Sorry this takes so long!

Looking good!

I didn't know they made right-angle XLRs. Great idea for the bottom hook-ups!

40-315_01.jpg

I'm thinking about a 5 layer cake: 10mm marble, square box maybe 50mm tall, 10mm marble, 150mm heatsinks, 10mm marble. Sort of a layer-cake version of a cross between an Expolinear Hiraga clone and a Pioneer M22.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• expolinear.jpg
    expolinear.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 670
  • pioneer-m22.jpg
    pioneer-m22.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 670