• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pass Aleph style heatsinks

Here's a photo I got from the factory. Looks good to me, although I believe it is not 100% identical to my drawing in some small details. Let's see when I get them.

Attachments

• 940ba3c093eb546357b3ac0413066f1.jpg
    940ba3c093eb546357b3ac0413066f1.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
I have now received the heatsinks. They sure look cool! I attached a photo showing a quick mockup of how I intend to build my Aleph J.

I can't tell if they were machined or extruded since I have no clue what look out for.

I have not yet looked at all heatsinks, as they came in four separate boxes, and I have only opened one box so far. They did not round the fins, but I wouldn't call them "lethal". But Jeff is right that the edges of the fins (and some other details) or not perfectly identical to my drawing. Also, two heatsinks had small dents on the edges. I can't tell if this happened in the factory, or during shipping. I asked the factory about this; let's see what they say.

Attachments

• 20191019_221326.resized.jpg
    20191019_221326.resized.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 886
I am planning to make a Babelfish J.

In the meantime I figured out from the Chinese factory that the heatsinks were machined, although they indicated an extrusion on the quote. I am discussing about the issue with the dents on some of the heatsinks with the factory. Let's see how this works out -- keep your fingers crossed!

^Yep. The new batch should be closer to the drawing in the first post. I believe I prefer the looks of this. Which one do you prefer?

Carsten, 2 picDumbs, anyone: are you interested in either the old or the new batch?

Once I have the second batch in my hands I will come back with better photos and a suggestion about the pricing.