• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simpelstark+ ODNF amplifier boards GB

Board Update

I've managed to test most of the boards. Simpelstark and the supplies are good. There's a bug in the Amp Control boards, I'll have replacements early next week. I haven't managed to test the new input adapter board yet, I hope to do that in the morning. I should be able to start shipping out some of the orders tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20190912_152120.jpg
    IMG_20190912_152120.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 367
Hello All,

I have slightly updated the build guide for Simpelstark+ in the store for making the ODNF setup more clear. The attached picture illustrates what kind of signals you are going to see at the output of the amplifier and at TP2 test point.
ODNF circuit is balanced as soon as the amplitude of the error signal at TP2 is at its minimum (trimmed by R26).

The signal generator can be very simple - Android application like this is enough (1KHz sine wave is enough for the above procedure):
Frequency Generator - Tone Generator - Apps on Google Play

Cheers,
Valery

Attachments

• ODNF 1KHz 01.jpg
    ODNF 1KHz 01.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Amp Control 6V2.3 is up and running perfectly. It has an extra 12V switched connector on it that will work nicely to switch the new input adapter boards. I'm going to update the software so a rear panel switch can be connected to one of the pins on the ISP port, the control board will check the switch position on power up and set the input adapter to the correct input before powering up the amplifier.

Debugged input adapter boards should be arriving tomorrow so with any luck I should be able to package everything over the weekend and ship everything out.

Attachments

• IMG_20190919_175945.jpg
    IMG_20190919_175945.jpg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 257
I have two versions of surface mount speaker relay boards. The standard board has hole spacings for normal 3/4" (19mm) binding posts with #10 hole size. We also have a version with 30mm spacing 8mm diameter holes for larger binding post like the ones available on our website. If anyone would prefer the alternate hole spacing please let me know.

I've managed to test most of the boards. Simpelstark and the supplies are good. There's a bug in the Amp Control boards, I'll have replacements early next week. I haven't managed to test the new input adapter board yet, I hope to do that in the morning. I should be able to start shipping out some of the orders tomorrow.
Nice looking pcb & parts fitting!:cool:
I see polygon ground plane but i can't see well if used as gnd referance.

Nice looking pcb & parts fitting!:cool:
I see polygon ground plane but i can't see well if used as gnd referance.

There's no easy answer to a grounding question on a balanced adapter! The planes are power supply ground and ground reference for the THAT 1206 IC. To avoid ground loop issues the audio ground itself isn't directly connected to this plane. I'm going to write up the build guide for this over the weekend with an explanation how to properly connect this board. I spent a lot of hours at the test bench experimenting for best results. The noise floor drops dramatically when using the XLR connection but wiring is critical.

What is this amp using as output fets or bjt ?

Hi Meanman,

This version (v1.3) utilizes the class AB OPS with wider than normal class A region. Outputs configuration may look like CFP at a first glance but it's not. Configuration with "helper" transistors used here is rather low distortion open loop - that was my intention for this amplifier.

You can download the schematic if you register in the store - just let me know as soon as you create your account, I will give you the access for downloading the docs (manual procedure).

Cheers,
Valery