• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Simpelstark+ ODNF amplifier boards GB

Hi Valery - another noob question. In a post (#8) under the VHex+ thread, discussing the Simplestark, you said the following: "IPS requires one pair of 2sk246/j103 jFETs, relatively rare, but still available these days."
Does this apply to the Simplestark, ie - do I need source these rare jfets to build the Simplestark?

Thanks,
Jerry

Hi Valery - another noob question. In a post (#8) under the VHex+ thread, discussing the Simplestark, you said the following: "IPS requires one pair of 2sk246/j103 jFETs, relatively rare, but still available these days."
Does this apply to the Simplestark, ie - do I need source these rare jfets to build the Simplestark?

Thanks,
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Yes, you will need 2 pairs of those jFETs.
BTW, you can download the exact schematic of the amp if you create an account (free) in the store.
As Jeff just mentioned - we've got some stock so we can help those of you who have a problem obtaining them.

Cheers,
Valery

I've never had time to even build prototypes for this amp yet myself so this is a good excuse to build one and test some other concepts we've been working on. I've started designing a chassis for it. If there's any interest in custom pre-drilled chassis let me know and I can run some extra pieces while I have the machines set up. Finished price will likely be around $350 with whatever you would like for engraving or laser work. I'll post some more screen shots when I get farther along with the design.

Attachments

• Front.PNG
    Front.PNG
    76.2 KB · Views: 380
  • Rear View.PNG
    Rear View.PNG
    98.9 KB · Views: 378
Ok, if I am correct, this is where we stand currently:

tuyen - 1x (1) + jfets
pinnocchio - 1x (1) + jfets
yogiDIYbear - 1x (1) + jfets
manniraj - 1x (1) + jfets