• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MM/MC Hybrid Valve Phonostage PCB

I contacted Tiger Toroids by email to ask for a quote for the trafo, quoting 9.5-0-9.5 and 175 as secondaries (from the latest BOM) and was very swiftly called back to ask me if I was sure I wanted 175 and not 165 as he's been producing quite a lot of these for this build and they've all been asking for 165.

So, 175 or 165? I'm inclined just to follow the BOM, but wanted to make sure.
Either is fine.. 100%

Just 4 now.

Attachments

• viber_slika_2020-06-11_21-14-07.jpg
    viber_slika_2020-06-11_21-14-07.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 356
  • viber_slika_2020-06-11_21-14-10.jpg
    viber_slika_2020-06-11_21-14-10.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 349
Can someone answer a newbie question for me? As I’m a 100% newbie on this stuff
What’s the cost for the board and all the parts, not counting a case ?
And is this project ok for a newbie? I am a fairly accomplished solderer and have quite a bit of test gear for testing my work as I go. I have multiple meters oscilloscope and many other items such as that. I’ve never tried a (from scratch) PCB type project like this and would very much like to build it, and do I need one board or two boards for stereo?

Can someone answer a newbie question for me? As I’m a 100% newbie on this stuff
What’s the cost for the board and all the parts, not counting a case ?
And is this project ok for a newbie? I am a fairly accomplished solderer and have quite a bit of test gear for testing my work as I go. I have multiple meters oscilloscope and many other items such as that. I’ve never tried a (from scratch) PCB type project like this and would very much like to build it, and do I need one board or two boards for stereo?
If you follow the BOM, It should be the easiest thing you ever build bar a pot in a box.

PCB is £20 plus postage and the matched MultiFET boards are £45 a pair.

Parts cost for the PCB is about £100ish plus some output caps of your choice.

If you require any further information, just let me know.

Thanks,

Oliver.

I'm interested in this. Is shipping 15 to the US and 20 per PCB, so if I get two it would be 55? Pardon the lack of the GBP sign.

I am curious about another thing after reading thru the thread quickly, I see something about Tiger transformer. Is that a manufacturer in EU for the EU only or any market? I see some sourcing it on eBay, but I am hesitant to order from China for several reasons where some are morally derived, and if possible to get it from EU I'd rather go that route.

Thanks,

Bjorn

I'm interested in this. Is shipping 15 to the US and 20 per PCB, so if I get two it would be 55? Pardon the lack of the GBP sign.

I am curious about another thing after reading thru the thread quickly, I see something about Tiger transformer. Is that a manufacturer in EU for the EU only or any market? I see some sourcing it on eBay, but I am hesitant to order from China for several reasons where some are morally derived, and if possible to get it from EU I'd rather go that route.

Thanks,

Bjorn
Postage to the USA is £20, as they are now charging a fortune for tracking the parcel.

£20 per BB3 PCB
£45 per pair of Populated MultiFET boards.

***NEWS***

Hi all,

As some of the eagle eyed amongst you may have seen, there has been an adjustment to the BOM.

The BF861B is now "end of life" and is no longer being manufactured.

Obviously this is very disappointing news but it's not all bad. We have identified an alternative Jfet - The 2SK932-22

I have made up a couple of MultiFET PCBs and installed them into my BB3. I am happy to go forward with these Jfets as there is nothing of note (sonically) that i am unhappy with.

These are very capable replacements and the best part is the Fets are a little bit cheaper too!

I'll add a part number later today or tomorrow.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,
I finally received the PCB (3rd one) and multi-FET boards this afternoon. Many thanks for all your efforts. The first board you sent me (March) has definitely disappeared into a black hole somewhere. With everything being messed up the way it is, my daughter's wedding was postponed to next year April. Bas kindly sent the 2nd PCB to my daughter (thanks Bas), who has just forwarded it via DHL (last week Thursday) with a few other items (LP et al).
Now to get building - first the PCB then the case.