• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MM/MC Hybrid Valve Phonostage PCB

Joined 2009
Paid Member
1. Mull3t
2. ringeraja
3. Marra. Paid 1 board
4. MShipmanPE
5. Ferret
6. palmito
7. tompa909
8. thehoj
9. Steady7
10. Stanney2001
11. pelayostyle
12. bologna1
13.eparson
14. sasha70 x2
15.brommermartin
16. entropist
17. awkwardbydesign
18. Snowstate
19. OtisCampbell
20. Flikoman x2
21. Smangus
22. Gwrskien

Hi All,

Sorry for not replying individually but I've been with my mom at the Drs. Nothing serious, just didnt have time to reply.

Thank you to everyone that has paid.

I will be compiling a Google Sheet tomorrow to make sure I have everything correct.

Please make sure I have your address, if you haven't already spent it over.

Thanks

Oliver

These are the forum names of those who have completed payment.

If your name is not on this list, and you think it should be, drop me a message please. I did send specific instructions as to where to send your information.

Anyone who expressed an interest but has not yet paid, please do so as i will be ordering the PCB's on Monday.

• Mikeyb
  • Joolz
  • MYL
  • brommermartin
  • OtisCampbell
  • gwrskien
  • marra - I need your address!
  • Flikoman
  • pelayostyle
  • Snowstate
  • steady7
  • bologna1
  • sasha70
  • ferret
  • ringeraja
  • MShipmanPE
  • tompa909
  • Smangus
  • Mull3t
  • entropist

BOM and FAQ's

This morning i ordered 30 PCB's, which allows about 5 more people to join in. If they want to!

I have now attached the BOM so feel free to peruse it and start budgeting your build.

Transformer Requirements are:

Primary should be local Voltage but UK should spec 240v
Secondary I - 165v @0.1A
Secondary II - 9.5-0-9.5v @1A

I have seen the Cheap Traffo from China and i have been told that its almost impossible to get the right values from it. I would avoid that one.

2.2uf 250v Output Caps:

In my units, i have used Clarity Caps and got great results but have recently swapped to a Vishay Polyprop from RS Components. See here: MKP1839522634HQ | Vishay 2.2μF Polypropylene Capacitor PP 630V dc +-5% Tolerance Through Hole MKP 1839 HQ Series | RS Components

EQ Resistors:

Zfoils can be purchased in the correct values but i have never trid them in this unit. I usually make sure to have the exact value for every position on the PCB, which should help the imaging etc. I use the same resisters as listed in the BOM. Feel free to experiment!

I use Toroidy.pl wherever possible but have used Audiophonics.fr in recent times. They make good Transformers and they are very reasonably priced, but take 2 months to arrive.

Casework/Chassis:

I like a smaller case for my Kallax Hacked rack. But i recommend using Alixpress for that sort of stuff. Good choice of units and they usually get here fairly quickly.

The BOM:

The only thing that really matters here is that you do not deviate from the values set out in the BOM. What is contained in the BOM is what components i have used over 3 versions of this project and have seen as "HQ at the right price"

Feel free to experiment and let us know how you get on!

View attachment BOM MM-MC.pdf