Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Bigbottle MM/MC Hybrid Valve Phonostage PCB
Bigbottle MM/MC Hybrid Valve Phonostage PCB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd March 2020, 08:25 PM   #201
Stanney2017 is offline Stanney2017  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:18 PM   #202
Bigman80 is offline Bigman80  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanney2017 View Post
Thanks.
Payment received, thanks.

You are the last person for this round of the group buy.

I am happy do to another round in a couple of weeks, when this is completed.
Old 4th March 2020, 01:44 AM   #203
Steady7 is offline Steady7  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey Bigman,

I was looking through the MC build and noticed in your pictures you have a power supply filter PCB installed, is the applicable for this build? If so where can I purchase one?

Also I found this case on Aliexpress, think it will work? looks real similar to the one used in your build.

Thanks in advance!

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
Old 4th March 2020, 12:01 PM   #204
craigtone is offline craigtone  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady7 View Post
Hey Bigman,

I was looking through the MC build and noticed in your pictures you have a power supply filter PCB installed, is the applicable for this build? If so where can I purchase one?
No need ... just connect the power transformer directly to this PCB.
Old 4th March 2020, 12:47 PM   #205
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hey Bigman,

Also I found this case on Aliexpress, think it will work? looks real similar to the one used in your build.

Thanks in advance!

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
"I was looking through the MC build and noticed in your pictures you have a power supply filter PCB installed, is the applicable for this build? If so where can I purchase one?"

It's a DC blocker in the MC build. It is entirely necessary in my house, as it seems to be a terrible supply from the national Grid at times, but you may be fine. If you dont have issues and never have had, don't worry about it.

As for the Chassis, Yes, its perfect for this project and is still my favourite looking build yet.
Old 5th March 2020, 12:42 AM   #206
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
"I was looking through the MC build and noticed in your pictures you have a power supply filter PCB installed, is the applicable for this build? If so where can I purchase one?"

It's a DC blocker in the MC build. It is entirely necessary in my house, as it seems to be a terrible supply from the national Grid at times, but you may be fine. If you dont have issues and never have had, don't worry about it.

As for the Chassis, Yes, its perfect for this project and is still my favourite looking build yet.
Hey thanks for the reply, I didn't really think it was needed but figured I would inquire. Ill more then likely just get an filtered IEC socket with a switch and fuse to simplify things.
Old 5th March 2020, 01:12 AM   #207
diyAudio Member

I just got a quote from Toroid Transformers in the US, pretty pricey for just one trans, Ill keep hunting!

I have attached the quote from them and also the trans info they gave me from the specs provided in the thread, all seem correct? I always like to get a second set of eyes to go over something like this.

Also if someone has an alternative for transformers in the US let me know, I did see a few mentioned a couple of pages back but was trying to find something state side.

I also came across this site, but I get a little confused and overwhelmed with what I am looking at, still a little new to the game here.

https://www.newark.com/c/transformer...r-transformers
Attached Images
File Type: png Toroid Quote.png (174.1 KB, 190 views)
File Type: png Toroid .png (365.2 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by Steady7; 5th March 2020 at 01:36 AM.
Old 5th March 2020, 09:00 AM   #208
awkwardbydesign is offline awkwardbydesign  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hey Bigman,

I was looking through the MC build and noticed in your pictures you have a power supply filter PCB installed,
Which post is that?
Old 5th March 2020, 11:28 AM   #209
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
Which post is that?
It's a separate thread.

Just google, Bigbottle MC Phonostage.

It's the Silver box version
Old 5th March 2020, 04:35 PM   #210
ferret is offline ferret  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Hi Steady7,
The first quote is totally crazy. I can have the correct toroid custom wound here in South Africa for R600 ($40.) They are smoking their socks. What is the part number for the Newark trafo and what is the asking price, AAMOI?
Kevin

Bigbottle MM/MC Hybrid Valve Phonostage PCBHide this!Advertise here!