• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MM/MC Hybrid Valve Phonostage PCB

Hey Bigman,

I was looking through the MC build and noticed in your pictures you have a power supply filter PCB installed, is the applicable for this build? If so where can I purchase one?

Also I found this case on Aliexpress, think it will work? looks real similar to the one used in your build.

Thanks in advance!

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

"I was looking through the MC build and noticed in your pictures you have a power supply filter PCB installed, is the applicable for this build? If so where can I purchase one?"

It's a DC blocker in the MC build. It is entirely necessary in my house, as it seems to be a terrible supply from the national Grid at times, but you may be fine. If you dont have issues and never have had, don't worry about it.

As for the Chassis, Yes, its perfect for this project and is still my favourite looking build yet.

"I was looking through the MC build and noticed in your pictures you have a power supply filter PCB installed, is the applicable for this build? If so where can I purchase one?"

It's a DC blocker in the MC build. It is entirely necessary in my house, as it seems to be a terrible supply from the national Grid at times, but you may be fine. If you dont have issues and never have had, don't worry about it.

As for the Chassis, Yes, its perfect for this project and is still my favourite looking build yet.

Hey thanks for the reply, I didn't really think it was needed but figured I would inquire. Ill more then likely just get an filtered IEC socket with a switch and fuse to simplify things.

I just got a quote from Toroid Transformers in the US, pretty pricey for just one trans, Ill keep hunting!

I have attached the quote from them and also the trans info they gave me from the specs provided in the thread, all seem correct? I always like to get a second set of eyes to go over something like this.

Also if someone has an alternative for transformers in the US let me know, I did see a few mentioned a couple of pages back but was trying to find something state side.

I also came across this site, but I get a little confused and overwhelmed with what I am looking at, still a little new to the game here.

https://www.newark.com/c/transformers/toroidal-power-transformers

Attachments

• Toroid Quote.png
    Toroid Quote.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Toroid .png
    Toroid .png
    365.2 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
I just got a quote from Toroid Transformers in the US, pretty pricey for just one trans, Ill keep hunting!

Give Heyboer a call. Not toroid but will build to spec and cost less than off-the-shelf Hammonds. I just had them make me a custom PT and choke for a 2A3 amp designed in Japan with Tango iron. IIRC, the PT was $120 and the choke $40 ... now granted that was for a quantity of 2 each! :p

It's a DC blocker in the MC build. It is entirely necessary in my house, as it seems to be a terrible supply from the national Grid at times, but you may be fine. If you dont have issues and never have had, don't worry about it. .

I have the same problem! I picked up a free 1.5KVA 1:1 toroidal transformer to use for power isolation and when I plugged it in ... HUMMMMM! I measured 15VDC out of my wall!!! :eek:

I'd suggest putting the DC blocker in your AC conditioner and/or make it a standalone "box" before a power strip so you don't have to worry about it at the individual component level.

I have the same problem! I picked up a free 1.5KVA 1:1 toroidal transformer to use for power isolation and when I plugged it in ... HUMMMMM! I measured 15VDC out of my wall!!! :eek:

I'd suggest putting the DC blocker in your AC conditioner and/or make it a standalone "box" before a power strip so you don't have to worry about it at the individual component level.
Wow!! That's big DC.

Yep, but it needs to be a Big blocker, which wouldnt fit, hence the little one in the unit.

Useful things though

Hi Steady7,
The first quote is totally crazy. I can have the correct toroid custom wound here in South Africa for R600 ($40.) They are smoking their socks. What is the part number for the Newark trafo and what is the asking price, AAMOI?
Kevin

Yeah that price for one is crazy, gets better the more you buy. They seemed like a promising trans. Nothing from Newark just got a message back from them stating they dont offer that style/type. $40 or so is what I am hoping to spend on one.