• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPA3255 Reference Design Class D Amp GB

Have you made some mesurements ?

Some friends made their outstanding TPA3255 a few years ago, it's state of the art :)
Google Traduction
They also followed TI on Wurth inductances : 7443631000 Wurth Elektronik | Mouser

file.php

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Manudrz,
Thanks for the link! Great to see someone made measurements with PFFB and that it works. I think the amp has nominal gain of 21.5dB and PFFB drops gain by 8dB, is that true and how do you get around it without running into voltage rail clipping on the analog input stage at higher powers?
Cheers,
X

Btw, looks like others were also using REW for amp measurements too.

That Wurth inductor looks a lot like the CoilCraft SER series inductors. I wonder if the pads are the same?

Ouch, I can't help you, me and my low skills... But Alkasar and Thierryvalk are members here, you can try to PM them... I think they're a little bit "out of the DIY game" because they have reached the top, but they are nice guys and the TPA topic here on DIYaudio helped them... :D

I could be in for a PCB with the TPA solder on it. I'll let you know ;)

Question is, how to solder the 3rd (mounting) pad by hand? (Normally not needed but there)

The Wurth 7443631000 have their mounting pad aside, not under the housing. It might be a good idea to have slots available also to solder flatwire-wound THT inductors in as well. (Like the Coilcraft 2916 series and comptible)

At the actual 2014 size, there are inductors available like shown here:
CPCF2014A

I also kinda like those:
CPD2320
CPD1715F

Unfortunately, they're available from Codaca directly only.

i think people need to be aware that a pre soldered smd board is going to cost money also be aware this is not a cheap amp to build.
i can already see the more costly suspects arriving at the table wurth inductors, overkill opamps and never mind the price of the chip itself the main reason there are only a few offerings available on the market at present is the sheer numbers of parts needed to be ordered to make this amp commercially viable.
i would love a board too but im thinking if this product is to succeed it must exceed the ti board,pear audio board in performance as its going to cost a hell of alot more to build it to the reference spec you are aiming for even if just in bare board form.
for us to build this amp it will be approaching over what it cost to buy a pear audio amp and closer to the price of a ti board so your specs need to be awesome to make the cash outlay worth it.
i built dr mords red tpa board and was very happy with the results its no longer with me so now looking for a new tpa 3255 amp if you can beat the ti specs ,implement pffb with a half sensible bom price im in

Last edited by a moderator: