• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ready-to-Run (RTR) SSR DC Speaker Protection and Delay GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Video on how to connect your RTR SSR Protection board in under 1 minute:

XRK Audio on Instagram: “How to connect your RTR SSR Speaker Protection Board in under a minute. 5 wires: amp output +ve and GND on left, speaker +ve and GND on…”

787429d1570918357-ready-run-rtr-ssr-dc-speaker-protection-delay-gb-srr-protect-wiring-diag-jpg

788077d1571199829-ready-run-rtr-ssr-dc-speaker-protection-delay-gb-rtr-ssr-protect-sample-01-jpg

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Anecdote of the SSR relay in action. As I was messing around inside my VHEX+ amp, I accidentally made two wires on the output of one channel short out (just intermittent short). This burned out the negative rail fusible link in the small CRC between the PSU and the amp. So I had one rail on and other rail off totally unbalanced with 18vdc offset out to the left channel speaker. All this happened silently without me knowing what happened except seeing that the LED on the RTR SSR LED shutdown. No speaker pop or voice coil flying out. I did not discover the unbalanced DC offset until I investigated why the LED went out.

The shutdown happened instantly and without any drama. Just plain old went silent.

It really works and this is first time I really needed it as this amp has +/-53v rails.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I just got confirmation that all units have been shipped via DHL and I should receive in a few more days. Looking forward to sending these out so that everyone can start using them. They are so compact and easy to install, that there is no reason not to add them to almost any (non bridged) amp project where you need some DC or turn-on thump protection.

Alhough we have not tested them at 200w into 8ohms, the 100v rated MOSFETs are referenced to ground, so they never see anymore than 57v peak (+ or -), so should be safe for use in 200w amps as well. The +V supply for a 200w amp is typically +/-60v or higher. Rail voltage should not exceed 100v (absolute).

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Yahoo!! Great news X :D
I just purchased a couple more to add to my original order.
I’ve got a few projects past and present that I’ll feel a bit more comfortable about with these boards installed.

Thanks X, jhofland and JPS64 for making this happen! :cheers:

Cheers,
Vunce

Looking forward to them X, I should buy some more for anticipated projects for next year.

Good to see your inadvertive destructive test (or should that say non destructive test) was so successful.

I assume all was back to normal once you soldered in a new fusible link on the amp PSU cap board.