• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ready-to-Run (RTR) SSR DC Speaker Protection and Delay GB

I’m there now Zman!!
My USSA5 is singing away with the SSR boards installed and they work perfectly!
Instead of using the SLB faston tabs to run the power for the very small gauge wire to the protection boards, I tapped off of the TP1 & TP2 positive and gnd vias with 22awg silicone jacketed flexible wire. Since it’s a dual mono power supply I did not want to run both boards off of one SLB for fear that the ground would be contaminated between power supplies. Also, the speaker return goes to its own channel SLB gnd tab bypassing the SSR board. In summary, the only connections at the SSR board are: amp in(+), speaker out(+) and DC power in(+/gnd). Four wires ultra simple :)
They work as described, nice 3 second turn on delay and when amp power is cut, so is any residual signal to speakers, immediately. Installing these gives your diy project a very commercial ”safe” feel to it.
Nice work Jhofland, JPS64 and X!!! Thanks.
I like it! The form factor is cool. Kind of a 'tower' amp! :) Very nice HSs too.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Neat! Thank you!

featured_preview_2019-11-07.jpg