• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy for Augerpro ScanSpeak waveguide (circular version)

Good question. The 6640 will mechanically fit the waveguide (not sure about the acoustics, though). As far as I can tell, the grille is part of the ScanSpeak front plate, so the Be dome will be naked once you replace the Scan plate with the waveguide.

I can't say much about the potential safety issues related to Be. The Be dome is rather fragile and may break easily if abused. While Be is toxic, I don't know if/how this will be an issue if a Be dome breaks. I don't see how anyone would inhale or ingest pieces of a broken Be dome. However, that does not mean that I am saying you should not think twice, so don't sue me! :)

Oh, there are some guys who use the Bliesma Be domes in a waveguide without a grille. Just search around here on diyAudio for these.

Good question. The 6640 will mechanically fit the waveguide (not sure about the acoustics, though). As far as I can tell, the grille is part of the ScanSpeak front plate, so the Be dome will be naked once you replace the Scan plate with the waveguide.

I can't say much about the potential safety issues related to Be. The Be dome is rather fragile and may break easily if abused. While Be is toxic, I don't know if/how this will be an issue if a Be dome breaks. I don't see how anyone would inhale or ingest pieces of a broken Be dome. However, that does not mean that I am saying you should not think twice, so don't sue me! :)

Oh, there are some guys who use the Bliesma Be domes in a waveguide without a grille. Just search around here on diyAudio for these.
Thanks for the info, I have to think about the cat 😉probably use the 6620