• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First Watt F3 (please only EU)

We have reached the 50 member limit, so GB ist closed!

From now on only waiting list, should someone not send me the required data in time, he will be removed from the list. After that the waiting list will be processed.

If some one would like only boards (without the Lus), please contact me.

Last edited:
What happens next ...

I need all data from you till 31.07.2019
- shipping address
- shipping option
- email address for the invoice

If you not send me this needed data your order will be canceled.

After 01.08.2019 I will send you the invoice and you have 14 days time to pay, if you not pay in this time your order will be canceled. invoice / payed date will be show in thee sheet.

I'll cancel the whole gb if someone doesn't pay and refund your money!
Sorry for the inconvenience, I already had too much trouble with another GB.

Many thanks for the BOM!
Small hint for the Google BOM Doc: The images concerning Jeff's drawings link to very low resolution images, which are difficult to read.

Maybe that has been a topic before:
The original double voltage Firstwatt power supply is probably not really suitable for the F3. Or do you just add the voltages is series?
I strongly suggest a single voltage psu.

The original FW PSU boards had jumpers for adding the voltages in series, which gave you a single-voltage, single channel PSU. (The single channel PSU is then shared between amplifier channels.)

However, the PSU board in the F3 group buy is a dedicated single-voltage, dual channel design (so you have a bit more isolation between amplifier channels).

Cheers,
Jeff.

The original FW PSU boards had jumpers for adding the voltages in series, which gave you a single-voltage, single channel PSU. (The single channel PSU is then shared between amplifier channels.)

However, the PSU board in the F3 group buy is a dedicated single-voltage, dual channel design (so you have a bit more isolation between amplifier channels).

Cheers,
Jeff.

You can also use the DYIAudio Store Board by splitting it into channel 1 and channel 2 and wiring both for B+ only. I have done this and it works great. Just re-label (in your head) the ID of the solder pads on the board.

I have a cache of LU1014's with tested Vgs. (I have a number of different values.) Vgs determines the size resistor you put on the board for bias. (See F3 articles). Let me know if you need any.

@All,

PP invoice are out to all GB member, thanks for fast paying!

The first shipping boxes came yesterday, see pic. As I wrote before as letter not possible because the length of the boards.

Before shipping I will contact you all for verifying the shipping address again.

Attachments

• IMG_3863_kl.png
    IMG_3863_kl.png
    879.7 KB · Views: 291
Last edited: