• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Alpha Big Boy with Buttah (ABBB) 52w Class A Amp GB

I'm imagining a pair of long, slim monoblocks with the heat sinks sticking up in the rear. The many design aesthetics have me reaching for the sketchbook. That's nice looking work Vunce!

gary s - 2 boards
jwjarch - 2 boards
Vunce - 2 boards
meanie - 2 boards
shattered_dream - 2 boards
yoaudio - 2 boards
md_Stryker - 2 boards
Roundtoit - 2 boards

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I don’t think it’s a problem to show you guys what I am going to be making on a P2P veroboard to test out a new SSR speaker protection/delay system that Jhofland designed. It’s very clever and compact. It uses an optoisolator to sense the DC and several comparators to decide if the level warrants disconnecting the speakers. The second comparator checks a time constant to give enough time for the turn on thump to settle. These comparators then drive another optoisolator to drive the gates of a pair of low RDSon MOSFETs (the Solid State Relays) that make/break the connection to the speaker. All will be powered from the positive rail via a 27v zener diode voltage reducer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 9193D28B-A369-432F-B8E3-C0214ABDA073.jpeg
    9193D28B-A369-432F-B8E3-C0214ABDA073.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 1,705
Efficient way of doing things though, with 6 guys around the world all doing and concentrating on different parts of the overall design. That would also help with checking updates and new features as you are adding right now to this new design well done to all, I know you are in DC and Hugh is in Melbourne and JPS in Germany, so to the other guys a big thanks all round.

These look too good to pass up. Thanks for all the work you you guys are putting into this project. Added to the list hope it’s OK.
Evan

gary s - 2 boards
jwjarch - 2 boards
Vince - 2 boards
meanie - 2 boards
yoaudio - 2 boards
md_Stryker - 2 boards
Roundtoit - 2 boards
sst4270 - 2 boards
chilly - 2 boards
Kokanee - 2 boards
evanc - 2 boards

added myself on the list for 2 boards. thanks for all the hard work guys!

gary s - 2 boards
jwjarch - 2 boards
Vince - 2 boards
meanie - 2 boards
yoaudio - 2 boards
md_Stryker - 2 boards
Roundtoit - 2 boards
sst4270 - 2 boards
chilly - 2 boards
Kokanee - 2 boards
evanc - 2 boards