Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

GB: Merlin RIAA PCB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st May 2019, 09:34 PM   #11
petertub is offline petertub  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Sending a circuit board; i guess that sending as a letter in an envelope is cost-effective ?
No need to feed TNT/DHL/etc when the post office does it job.
Old 31st May 2019, 10:49 PM   #12
wicked1 is offline wicked1  United States
diyAudio Member

We can't send as a letter because hard objects break their automatic sorting machines. It will be returned to sender (according to the people working at the post office). It has to at least be a padded envelope. W/out a shipping account, I think the only way I can send a padded envelope is 'Priority Mail' which are little flat rate envelopes.. Basically the same cost as the flat rate box at about $7.00 for USA shipping. If I were a business and had a postal account, I could send it first class mail in a padded envelope by weight, and it should only cost about $3 for domestic shipping.. But I am not a business and don't have a post office account.. They don't make it easy for regular people to send 'first class mail'.
Old 1st June 2019, 07:14 AM   #13
bandol83 is offline bandol83  France
diyAudio Member

May be I wasn't clear in my last post

I didn't recommend to use DHL or FedEx to send the PCB to us but to use them when you buy PCB from China, in particular with JLCPCB because at 17$ it is quite competitive...

For us, I agree that regular post office is a good solution, I have used it for shipping Baby Huey PCB from France to every where in the World without problem
Old 1st June 2019, 08:55 AM   #14
Fabian85 is offline Fabian85  Germany
diyAudio Member

I'm in for 1 set of PCBs
Old 1st June 2019, 01:06 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandol83 View Post
in particular with JLCPCB because at 17$ it is quite competitive...
Somehow DHL shipping cost me (us) $38 from JLC!! Not sure if it's because I'm further away here in the midwest US, or because of our 'trade war' or something...

But yes, from here I am sending the boards via USPS (the post office). It's just that I can arrange shipping online using the $7 flat rate 'priority mail' and print labels and set the packages on my porch to get them sent. But I cannot do that for the less expensive 'first class mail' or any of the other options that businesses have.
(If someone in the US knows of a way to pay/print the less expensive 'first class mail' online, let me know!)
Old 1st June 2019, 02:35 PM   #16
bandol83 is offline bandol83  France
diyAudio Member

I made a mistake it is 17.32 about 19 $ see here ; PCB Prototype - JLCPCB but I don't understand why they charge you so much, about two time more ? In addition for my first order they offered me the shipment
Old 1st June 2019, 04:13 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Hmm, I don't know. I just did a quote, too, and yeah, it says $19.75.. But here's my receipt from my order confirmation email:
(Image Attached)

Somehow the PCB costs are $2 less than it should have been.. and the shipping is much more.

Not that it matters... The PCB's themselves are so incredibly inexpensive! I can't think of any other product that's so cheap. Could use PCB's for other non electronic projects, too! You've basically got a 3 or 4 color sturdy print. (PCB color, trace color, silkscreen color, shiny holes color) Make cool looking notepad covers, or key chains or little PCB boxes or something if you're feeling crafty .
Attached Images
File Type: png jlcrec.png (40.7 KB, 86 views)
Old 1st June 2019, 04:37 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I did make a mistake in my cost analysis.. I divided the total (Order total plus shipping costs for the two people who are getting theirs for free) by 8 (since I'm giving away 2 of each boards, we're all absorbing that cost). But, that's only the RIAA pcb's.. I ignored the PSU's.

so, 45 + 7 + 12 (I'm assuming 7 for domestic and 12 for international, which is just a random guess). is 64. Divided by the 16 boards that are being paid for.
That's $4 per board..

SO, sorry about that.. I'll charge $4 per board.
Old 2nd June 2019, 02:48 AM   #19
meanie is offline meanie  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Count me in for 1 RIAA and 1 PSU.
Thanks!

GB: Merlin RIAA PCBHide this!Advertise here!