• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm

So I got the boards assembled last night! Everything went well, some of the resistore had to be mounted vertically due to space issues.

The one thing that was a bit of a challenge was the transistors....

I have been soldering for 30 years or so and I still had to really concentrate and pull out all of my bag of tricks to get them all soldered on!

The one thing missing is the cap that comes after the solar cells... What value and voltage should that be?

Now I am just waiting on the Leds, Solar cells, and the power trafos. I am thinking about Toroidy as I have had good experiences with them in the past.

Thanks again Jeremy for the great design!!:D

Attachments

• folsom 2.jpg
    folsom 2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 432
  • folsom 3.jpg
    folsom 3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 437
  • folsom 4.jpg
    folsom 4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 429
  • folsom 5.jpg
    folsom 5.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 423
  • folsom 6.jpg
    folsom 6.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 420
So I got the boards assembled last night! Everything went well, some of the resistore had to be mounted vertically due to space issues.

The one thing that was a bit of a challenge was the transistors....

I have been soldering for 30 years or so and I still had to really concentrate and pull out all of my bag of tricks to get them all soldered on!

The one thing missing is the cap that comes after the solar cells... What value and voltage should that be?

Now I am just waiting on the Leds, Solar cells, and the power trafos. I am thinking about Toroidy as I have had good experiences with them in the past.

Thanks again Jeremy for the great design!!:D

680-1000uf 16vmin, same size as feedback will fit.

Glad you were able to solder transistors. This wasn’t intended for a beginner project. The way I do it is to carefully trim the leads first, pool a little solder on the back leg pad, and try to tin the back leg real quick. Then hold the transistor where you want it and heat the pad, the leg will sit down in the pool onto the pad. You can just just solder the other joints like anything else. It doesn’t feel out perfect but is repeatable.

I'm slowly ploughing thru the threads about this amp, the basic power supply and the Fo-Felix line filter and kept on coming across the reference to this "Antipole Power Supply" and wondered what it was?

Then, on Audio Circle, it seems to be part of the design of the 7297 chip amp's supply - it appears to be a cap multiplier p/s filter but I don't see any mention of it - doesn't it work here?

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What goes in this spot? 1kohm resistor, correct?

also does anyone have a link to the standoffs for the amp board (the ones on the mounting bom seem too high to attach chips to heatsink), I could probably figure it out but don't want to get it wrong and it would be good if this is my last mouser order for the project.

Also to double check, all of the for the default dualpole bom, all of the parts work for the Antek AS-2225 transformer, right?

Imgur: gallery link

Just got one channel mounted and wired. Just wondering if anyone can look at my gallery and let me know if anything looks off, first build so if something looks amiss let me know as it probably is. A couple pictures show I have the wire for the power ground and - reversed on the amp board, it is now fixed w pg going on the furthest left post (it is fixed in a few of the pics).

I reversed the polarity of the voltage regulator on the light board and caught myself pretty quick. Had to apply quite a bit of heat as I was struggling to desolder, is that component likely to fail with excessive heat?

I'll hold for response before powering it up.