• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm

Hi, i'm new to this diy stuff and English is my second language so i have a few question.

-EC7293+G4LEDR PCB $45ea (you'll need 2, to make a stereo amp)
-DualPole PSU PCB $40ea .....

1. Are these pcb also include all the component to solder an 2 channel amplifier?
2.I know the kits don't have power transformer, enclosure and heatsink. Anything else?
3. what is this Keratherm insulators ? can i use computer CPU thermal paste to replace it?
4. "18000uF to 24000uF per rail" is this capacitor value? why show like this? are they not include in the diy kits? how much for these 24000 uF?
5.Antek AS-3225 transformer- does it have to be 25v? can i buy a different transformer also have 2x 25v with 400va or 500va? rather have some spare amps ready for those 4ohms load.

6. Can this amp drive the 89db- 6ohms speakers- Nominal Input Power 100w- Frequency Response: 30 Hz-35 kHz . Sitting 2.5(8ft) to 3(10ft) meters away?

7."Input Capacitor: This one is less sensitive to capacitors compared to the DIY7297. It has provisions for the same PHE426 and other caps. There is a slot-hole next to the pads so you can zip tie on larger caps and it has extra pads on the bottom to connect off board/long input capacitors." <- Is this paragraph talking about upgrade Capacitor?

Kind Regards

Hi, i'm new to this diy stuff and English is my second language so i have a few question.

-EC7293+G4LEDR PCB $45ea (you'll need 2, to make a stereo amp)
-DualPole PSU PCB $40ea .....

1. Are these pcb also include all the component to solder an 2 channel amplifier? No
2.I know the kits don't have power transformer, enclosure and heatsink. Anything else? Everything
3. what is this Keratherm insulators ? can i use computer CPU thermal paste to replace it? Only if you enjoy explosions in your amplifiers instead of music
4. "18000uF to 24000uF per rail" is this capacitor value? why show like this? are they not include in the diy kits? how much for these 24000 uF? Yes this is capacitor values, I'm not selling them. The BOM (bill of materials) gives easy links for buying everything.
5.Antek AS-3225 transformer- does it have to be 25v? can i buy a different transformer also have 2x 25v with 400va or 500va? rather have some spare amps ready for those 4ohms load. It needs to be 25v, but you can use larger VA is you like.

6. Can this amp drive the 89db- 6ohms speakers- Nominal Input Power 100w- Frequency Response: 30 Hz-35 kHz . Sitting 2.5(8ft) to 3(10ft) meters away? No problem.

7."Input Capacitor: This one is less sensitive to capacitors compared to the DIY7297. It has provisions for the same PHE426 and other caps. There is a slot-hole next to the pads so you can zip tie on larger caps and it has extra pads on the bottom to connect off board/long input capacitors." <- Is this paragraph talking about upgrade Capacitor? It's talking about the input capacitor that blocks DC from sources, and you can upgrade to anything you wish so long as it's a minimum value of 2uf.

Kind Regards

Has anyone done a battery psu for this chip amp yet.

It would be very absurd to try and make one. The PSU is +/PG/- not +/-. That means you can't just use any large battery because nothing would work. You have to use numerous large batteries to be able to get basically 74v and then center tap them. It'd be a nightmare and you might need to brace your floor.

I have not. I personally am not a fan of them in any location thus far. I did try them for feedback in another device once.

It wouldn't surprise me if people found all sorts of caps they like. Even though the amp has low distortion you can still change the flavor pretty good between the input and feedback cap to whatever you like.