• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm

The diystore is out of the keratherm insulators. These should be a fine substitute right? Keratherm Red (86/82): Ultra-Low Thermal Resistance Pads for LM3886 – Neurochrome

Well you could mount this one inside like you have in the picture; if there's room. You could put all the PSU stuff towards the front. I'm not saying the heatspreader wouldn't be necessary but it's not a bad idea depending on your skill level. The venting top and bottom should be ok. This would allow you to load the amp down. The only problem I could see is if ambient was real hot. Depending on load it may never get hot with that heatsink.

I see that these heatsink fins are 3 inches long and you can customize the width of the heatsink but there is no mention of height. Am I missing something?

Yes those Keratherms will work great, from Tom.

The heatsinks from Heatsink USA "length" sizing is actually the height. I know it's slightly confusing. The width is chosen on the left side, and the depth is tied to width.

BTW I only have enough for two more stereo/dualmono amplifiers right now.

Nerves

Oh my! Now that the order is in, I'm starting to feel nervous.... This will by far be my biggest DIY-projet to date. A little more challenging then soldering a few wires and small caps together to make a loudspeaker. But what would life be without challenges, right?
I'm most certainly going to ask others building or having built the amp a lot of questions, and hopefully I can enlist a more electronically gifted friend or two when in crisis.
But hey, gonna let it take some time, and enjoy the learning experience, as I've done with projects in the past.:eek:

Well, here's the thing since it changes how the feedback work, I don't have a rock solid solution yet. The stability of the amp may depend on it staying where it is at for now. If I can get it stable at a lower amount I can report back for those that want to make the change.

Are you having trouble with mating to speakers? I have 99db sensitivity speakers but no issue so far.