• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm

Just a quick note that you do not need a heat sink anywhere near what I am using. I played the amp for over half an hour and it did not even start to get warm. The LED is hot so do not touch it ( yes I could not resist) but the heat quickly dissipates.
The build was very relaxing to do and I really enjoyed it.
I have not adjusted the DC trim and the speaker I am using is "meh". Comparing Jeremy's 7297 amp and this 7293 on the same "meh" speaker, the 7293 is, to my ears, just on another level over the 7297. When I made the 7297 I first noticed that I was able to hear separate instruments rather than "music". With the 7293 I can now hear the "character" of the instruments. As an example I can differentiate between two guitars rather than hear two guitars. In one song a cutting board is used in the percussion and I can now recognize the cutting board. Once I get both boards up and running I will hook them up to my X-LS and once I finish the kuartlotrons I will hook them up to my GR Research Wedgies and 12" dual servo amps.
I originally bought the boards to support Jeremy as I really liked his 7297. I had no idea, or had any expectations that his 7293 would sound this much better, even on a "meh" speaker. I cannot wait to get this amp hooked up to the Wedgies and servo amps.

Last edited:
Just a quick note that you do not need a heat sink anywhere near what I am using. I played the amp for over half an hour and it did not even start to get warm. The LED is hot so do not touch it ( yes I could not resist) but the heat quickly dissipates.
The build was very relaxing to do and I really enjoyed it.
I have not adjusted the DC trim and the speaker I am using is "meh". Comparing Jeremy's 7297 amp and this 7293 on the same "meh" speaker, the 7293 is, to my ears, just on another level over the 7297. When I made the 7297 I first noticed that I was able to hear separate instruments rather than "music". With the 7293 I can now hear the "character" of the instruments. As an example I can differentiate between two guitars rather than hear two guitars. In one song a cutting board is used in the percussion and I can now recognize the cutting board. Once I get both boards up and running I will hook them up to my X-LS and once I finish the kuartlotrons I will hook them up to my GR Research Wedgies and 12" dual servo amps.
I originally bought the boards to support Jeremy as I really liked his 7297. I had no idea, or had any expectations that his 7293 would sound this much better, even on a "meh" speaker. I cannot wait to get this amp hooked up to the Wedgies and servo amps.

Looking forward to your impressions with the GRs and servo subs. I’m planning on building some wedgies or NX Oticas and am considering matching them with the 7293 so let us know how they sound when you give them a listen. Thanks!