Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2020, 08:01 PM   #181
pinnocchio is offline pinnocchio  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilding View Post
Yes, they are beautiful, smooth heavy and polish. And they have one secondary....
Hehe, I just had to zoom the picture and yes, the label is Toroidy! That's what I always buy for my builds. You never hear them hum, always totally silent! Good purchase!

Do
Old 7th May 2020, 08:04 PM   #182
vilding is offline vilding  Sweden
diyAudio Member

But don't I need dual secondaries..? Or is the flimsy little green and yellow the centertap..?
Old 7th May 2020, 08:08 PM   #183
diyAudio Member

Quote:
But don't I need dual secondaries..? Or is the flimsy little green and yellow the centertap..?
Hmmm... Yeah, the green/yellow is the shield. They're really single secondary, or at least it looks like it. If it is the case, you will need two of these for a single PSU since you require dual polarity and 0V.

Can you post a picture of the label that shows the connection diagram?

Thanks
Do
Old 7th May 2020, 08:29 PM   #184
diyAudio Member

Yeah... Guess I'll send them back for the cost of one transformer and wait another 6 weeks for new ones... Feeling a little stupid and fairly annoyed with myself right now...
Old 7th May 2020, 08:34 PM   #185
diyAudio Member

This is it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0892.JPG (904.8 KB, 192 views)
Old 7th May 2020, 09:16 PM   #186
diyAudio Member

Quote:
This is it:
Yeah, it's better to have dual secondary but these two would still work in a single PSU arrangement but at more chassis space.

Do
Old 7th May 2020, 10:39 PM   #187
Destroyer OS is offline Destroyer OS  United States
diyAudio Member

Ouch

Sorta defeats the purpose of dual mono...
Old 7th May 2020, 10:52 PM   #188
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer OS View Post
Ouch

Sorta defeats the purpose of dual mono...
Yep!
Old 8th May 2020, 08:52 AM   #189
diyAudio Member

Yeah... But Toroidy were really cool about it and answered really quickly. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer. Luckily it's fishing season, so I'll be able to pass the time...
Old 10th May 2020, 04:08 PM   #190
ciphercomplete is offline ciphercomplete  United States
diyAudio Member

I got both of my mono-blocks up and running yesterday. I'm impressed with them. I tested them using a computer with a usb soundcard as a Dac and preamp. Speakers were the Emotiva bookshelves. This setup should not have sounded good given the source but I sat in a little side room in my basement and listened for about an hour. Great resolution, soundstage depth and height and width. Resolution was amazing.

I am going to be moving on to putting these into a real chassis. They are mounted on a piece of mdf right now. I planning on putting a single led on the front panel of each mono-block. Is there an easy way to add one without making a separate circuit for it?

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohmHide this!Advertise here!