• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm

The capacitor has a shrink wrap. But you can flush cut the resistor and put in a piece of electrical tape to play it safe or just mount the LED slightly off the board and squeeze some hot glue to in between. The distance to the PVI cells isn’t super critical as anything below the little PCB is close enough for power.

I have a couple of grounding questions for my 7293
1)should the transformer shield go to the chassis earth ?
I thought I read it should be grounded to chassis as close to the tranny as possible?
2)Should the "dual Pole" PS be grounded to chassis and if so should it be with the iec "star ground"
3)And If the PS should be grounded should it go through a CL60 thermistor
4)If building a dual mono with 2 power supplies should they be grounded to the same point or separately

Getting close to powering up :)

1. The shield does go to safety (earth) I doubt the wire would let you connect it very far from transformer anyways ;)
2. Star ground will work, it's appropriate to connect PG
3. Are other things going through the CL60? or you mean just PG to chassis/safety? Any normally used schema should be fine.
4. They're going to end up at the same place, so it depends on layout some, maybe overlapping currents could be avoided.

I finally finished my dual mono build last night.

All I can say is I am really DISSAPOINTED!!!:mad:

At the moment I have no desire to listen to my other amps....

Its that good. :nod:

My tube amps might be come lonely.....

Thanks destroyer, its one hell of an amp! I am driving my Fostex FF225K 2-ways with Fountek tweeters and they really woke up. Its as neutral as anything I have with maybe with the exception of my Neurochrome Modulus 86. - (Also an amazing amp and my reference amp and daily driver for a few years...)

Tried it with my SB Acoustic Bromo and that was also great!

Keep up the good work!!:D

both boards have the same issue
some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    613.3 KB · Views: 177
after staring at the boards for what seems like hours ,I can't see anything wrong or any bad solder joints . it's strange that both board act exactly the same.
Power supply is a solid 35VDC
Output terminals are at 345mv as soon as I start to turn the variac up and no adjustment from the pot.
Led comes on ok
0 V at the solar cell test points
I even removed the solar cells from one of the boards to make sure I had the polarity correct and it was ok.

Is there a way to check the solar cells while on or off the board ?

I'm really stumped here !

I really want to hear what this amp can do !

Last edited: