• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm

Hi Destroyer OS:

I have been enjoying the EC 7293 in dual mono build by pinocchio. In last couple months I notice every few minutes a slight popping sound in one channel that lasts maybe half a second. Something like the pops one would hear with record players due to a small skip.

Do you have any suggestions what might be going on?

It happens also some times when there is no signal coming in (ie dac + preamp is off).

Destroyer OS you are right; it seems to be some kind of noise in the AC supply.

I switched the channels (meaning both the signal inputs and the speaker connections) and the noise was unchanged. Then I remembered that 2-3 months ago I had ---following internet advice---plugged in the amp direct into the wall AC socket instead of my Furman 1800s power filter and surge protector. I plugged the amp back into the Furman and the popping noises mostly stopped. I still hear one occasionally, and I think I hear v. weak pops (almost inaudible; maybe I am imagining) too.

So I will try to track down the source of electrical interference. I was thinking of installing a dedicated line for stereo anyway.

which enclosure was used for this build

I've been working these past couple weeks assembling this amplifier for sanjeev.

I'm almost done with the build, so I thought I'd share some pictures with you all. Right channel has not been connected yet in the chassis but has been fully tested.

So here's the build so far!

Do

View attachment 836895

View attachment 836896

View attachment 836897

View attachment 836898

View attachment 836899

View attachment 836900

View attachment 836901

View attachment 836902

View attachment 836903

im guessing it is the 3u dissipante from diy audio store. If it is is it the 400 or 500mm model?
thank you