• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas L-Adapter Board

Hi, sign up on the spreadsheet, even if you change your mind later.
The spreadsheet is now open for editing on your own.

Once the GB starts to close, I will send out private messages and post here that it is about to end.
excellent, thank you.

do you have a rough idea on the shipping cost for a full kit + board to Australia? You mention they "will demand a significantly higher shipping costs as the heatsinks and caps require package shipping internationally." which is to be expected of course, I'm just wondering how significant that cost might be.

I'm sure it'll be worth the convenience (and could well be cheaper anyway if I'm forced to source parts from a few different places), but I figure I've got a little bit of time to do some research.

Thanks again.

excellent, thank you.

do you have a rough idea on the shipping cost for a full kit + board to Australia? You mention they "will demand a significantly higher shipping costs as the heatsinks and caps require package shipping internationally." which is to be expected of course, I'm just wondering how significant that cost might be.

I'm sure it'll be worth the convenience (and could well be cheaper anyway if I'm forced to source parts from a few different places), but I figure I've got a little bit of time to do some research.

Thanks again.

(not sure if has ordered full kits or just boards) @Drone7 is from the same 'neck of woods' sort of speaking so he may be able to comment; he is an extremely helpful chap so a quick message will do...

Hi Tea Bag,
I asked Salas if it was possible to use the L adapter with minititx Pc. He replied below. I was wondering if it is possible for you in the next Gb custom replace with the below components that Salas recommended. (Not the transformer). I would buy a full kit, but with the replacement parts below.
Thanks

“Originally Posted by altsouza View Post
Hello @salas, I have a Windows Pc-based Roon server with the following configuration, Gigabyte mini Itx + i3 + Ssd + Hd4tb. The consumption is about 120w 12v. I have been using regular (notebook like) 10a Smpsu, but I have had problems like voltage drop and also sudden shutdowns. I wonder if the L adapter would withstand this voltage and amperage. If so, which transformer is recommended. Every help is welcome. thankful
That's on the limit of L-Adapter but it may still tackle it with big 200W MJL1302AG Q2, FFPF30UP20STU or alike 30A bridge diodes, 10A slow blow F1 fuse, 22000uF/25V C3 C4 of >5A ripple current spec each, 1000uF/25V C2, 15VAC/200VA toroidal transformer like Antek AS-2215.

Of course Q2 and the bridge diodes should be insulation mounted on big external sinking surface(s). With fins correctly oriented and well ventilated or fan assisted. Thick gauge output cables of no more than necessary length are a must too.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea Bag,
I asked Salas if it was possible to use the L adapter with minititx Pc. He replied below. I was wondering if it is possible for you in the next Gb custom replace with the below components that Salas recommended. (Not the transformer). I would buy a full kit, but with the replacement parts below.
Thanks

“Originally Posted by altsouza View Post
Hello @salas, I have a Windows Pc-based Roon server with the following configuration, Gigabyte mini Itx + i3 + Ssd + Hd4tb. The consumption is about 120w 12v. I have been using regular (notebook like) 10a Smpsu, but I have had problems like voltage drop and also sudden shutdowns. I wonder if the L adapter would withstand this voltage and amperage. If so, which transformer is recommended. Every help is welcome. thankful
That's on the limit of L-Adapter but it may still tackle it with big 200W MJL1302AG Q2, FFPF30UP20STU or alike 30A bridge diodes, 10A slow blow F1 fuse, 22000uF/25V C3 C4 of >5A ripple current spec each, 1000uF/25V C2, 15VAC/200VA toroidal transformer like Antek AS-2215.

Of course Q2 and the bridge diodes should be insulation mounted on big external sinking surface(s). With fins correctly oriented and well ventilated or fan assisted. Thick gauge output cables of no more than necessary length are a must too.

Will try to work with Salas for a even higher powered output kit, see if it get's some momentum. In small quantities, it will cost people more than buying the parts yourself more than likely.

The bridge diode is already that part FFPF30UP20STU.

Good Afternoon Tea Bag!
Lots of questions!

I have signed up on the GB sheet for a board and a mini-kit.

But I cannot find what a mini-kit is!
Where is the description?
Any idea about when either boards or kits will be available?
I see on the sign-up sheet that the mini-kits are in stock. How do I get one?
Thanks!
MG

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Good Afternoon Tea Bag!
Lots of questions!

I have signed up on the GB sheet for a board and a mini-kit.

But I cannot find what a mini-kit is!
Where is the description?
Any idea about when either boards or kits will be available?
I see on the sign-up sheet that the mini-kits are in stock. How do I get one?
Thanks!
MG

The parts are listed in the BOM linked in the first post.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/338109-gb-salas-adapter-board.html#post5796161

The boards are not currently available, but you can sign up on spreadsheet.
Once enough demand is met for boards , generally for this and UBIB, another GB will be completed and boards ordered. We are not there yet.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
There is enough interest now to do a group buy.
In the next few weeks Salas and I will decide to start GB based on the position of another board release we are working on for phono. We will not delay that too much longer, as we could easily run a separate GB for that when ready if needed - but often shipping cost overseas make doing that cost prohibitive. So more boards shipped at once the better.

Im planning to dish some wallwarts for my multiroom stuff so I signed up for 5 L-adapter boards plus full kits. I also need to make some own L-adapter boards without the rectifier part, will split that from the active part. What does the mini-kit include?

Best
Staffan