• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Single Board per Channel F5T V2 + Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have recently helped a friend of mine to build an F5T V2 power amplifier (designed by Nelson Pass), the result and brief story on the build can be found here:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/207103-f5-turbo-builders-thread-557.html#post5777299

In the process of looking for a suitable version of PCB for my friend to build (he is a newbie in diy), i found a version of the board created by fellow forum member La Mer. Unfortunately he didn't have any extra boards, the only way to get the boards would be for La Mer to place a new order in bulk with the PCB maker. Desperate to find a version of PCB which has permission from the circuit designer Nelson Pass, we took the plunge. So we ended up with 14 sets of stereo boards (1 pair of PCB per set) extra.

During my communication with La Mer, he mentioned he had 15 sets of Gainclone boards (also 2 boards per set) originally meant to be given away, but he wasn't able to get it done due to complicated logistics issues to send stuffs from China to most parts of the world. And so it happens that it is relatively simple to send the boards to Malaysia, and also from Malaysia to most parts of the world, so he offered to send all 15 sets of the boards to me, so that I can give out the boards together with the F5T.

So here I am with the boards to send to anyone who is interested to build the two amplifiers:

1. F5T V2
- Single board / channel, each stereo set has 2 boards
- Non cascoded version
- Slightly altered circuit in which there's only 1 pair instead of 2 of fast recovery diodes (S10A2CIA), which is also a different part compared to the MUR3020W in the original shcematic.
- S10A2CIA which is in TO220 package is a discontinued part, most of the suppliers like digikey, mouser etc. do not sell them anymore, but i believe you can easily find suitable replacement of similar parts in TO220 package.

F5T Front.jpg
F5T Back.jpg

2. Gainclone
- Single board / channel, each stereo set has 2 boards

GC Front.jpg
GC Back.jpg
GC Completed.jpg
GC Schematic.jpg

I have 14 sets of both of the boards to give away. The cost to send them (1 stereo set of F5T + 1 stereo set of Gainclone) via tracked registered mail is within USD15. So I will collect USD15 from each interested party, and donate any extra to Diyaudio forum on everyone's behalf.

Best regards
Liu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.