• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

YARRA Preamplifier Custom Case at Modushop

Joined 2006
Paid Member
4 more going to AUS added.

xrk971 - 2 cases PAID
jhofland -1 case PAID
vunce - 2 cases PAID
BRN - 1 case PAID
meanie -1 case PAID
TungstenAudio - 1 case PAID
mordikai - 1 case PAID
urien - 1 case PAID
Roundtoit - 1 case PAID
MD_Stryker - 1 case PAID
TboneAK - 1 case PAID
jwjarch - 1 case PAID
sampsonite - 1 case PAID
BEYoung - 2 cases - PAID
windwardmt - 1 case - PAID
Kokanee - 2 cases - PAID
bk856er - 1 case - PAID
afoor - 1 case - PAID
ZUM911 - 4 cases - PAID

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
GB status update:

xrk971 - 2 cases PAID
jhofland -1 case PAID
vunce - 2 cases PAID
BRN - 1 case PAID
meanie -1 case PAID
TungstenAudio - 1 case PAID
mordikai - 1 case PAID
urien - 1 case PAID
Roundtoit - 1 case PAID
MD_Stryker - 1 case PAID
TboneAK - 1 case PAID
jwjarch - 1 case PAID
sampsonite - 1 case PAID
BEYoung - 2 cases - PAID
windwardmt - 1 case - PAID
Kokanee - 2 cases - PAID
bk856er - 1 case - PAID
afoor - 1 case - PAID
ZUM911 - 4 cases - PAID
BigE - 1 case - PAID

Thanks again JPS64, for all the work you have put into the chassis and then to X who has also done a superb job on the PCB set, I also believe that a few others helped in the background, so to all involved - a big thanks to all concerned.

To members who have purchased the board set and the case, you have a superb product, so take your time with the build, check and test all resistors before soldering, double check component positioning before soldering - polarities etc...., and most of all make sure you solder with precision. most problems are caused by badly soldered joints from what I see in the various posts here. For members fairly new at it there are some good tutorials on line and it will pay to do some practise first on cheap matrix board with el cheapo resistors or similar. Also get and use the correct solder as well.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Gary S,
Thanks for the smooth and steady build tips. These boards have via stitching to tie the top and bottom identical high current low impedence paths/planes together. It is very easy to make a small solder bridge from one of the exposed vias to another trace, so be very careful with solder bridge. And it is always a good idea to measure the resistor and check against a schematic before installing. The off by a 1000x factor will keep the amp from working correctly.

Hi X,

HIFI2000 will start shipping tomorrow (had some problem with anodization).

JP

Attachments

• 20190619_093059.jpg
    20190619_093059.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 652
Has anyone identified a source for compatible RCA connectors, preferably USA based, or is the French vendor the only option?

BK

Hi BK. Cross-posting from the Yarra thread:

Also available on Ebay.

Taiwan-made gold-plated RCA turntable DAC decoder digital coaxial PCB board sock | eBay

I realize these are 90 degree. With a little elbow grease you can switch the positioning pins and bend the leads back straight. I've done it with success on my AKSA Lender Preamp board.

Hi BK. Cross-posting from the Yarra thread:

Also available on Ebay.

Taiwan-made gold-plated RCA turntable DAC decoder digital coaxial PCB board sock | eBay

I realize these are 90 degree. With a little elbow grease you can switch the positioning pins and bend the leads back straight. I've done it with success on my AKSA Lender Preamp board.

That's a very attractive price, and I never considered bending the leads. Excellent! I was also looking into Vampire brand, but at 10x the cost....

BK