• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

It is also possible to use SOP version...cut 2 pins on each side and solder to sop adapter.
I will compare it to fast soft recovery diodes in my dac on 11V voltage. I have used pps1uf on C1 position because low voltage allow to use it.

Attachments

• lt3042.jpg
    lt3042.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 536
It is also possible to use SOP version...cut 2 pins on each side and solder to sop adapter.
I will compare it to fast soft recovery diodes in my dac on 11V voltage. I have used pps1uf on C1 position because low voltage allow to use it.

Hello Androa76,
Nicely done. Congratulations.:up: good idea to use msop with an adapter.
I will make a pcb and post gerbers here, so that people have options for use of all three types (DIP, DFN, MSOP):)
Do post your comparison and your impression of any improvements (or otherwise) with regard to soft recovery diodes. everyone eagerly awaits!
You can also populate a small 10uF electro cap in the big pads besides the LED and its resistor. and make it stand like a flag. especially if your bulk caps are some what far way.

regards
Prasi

I did some test with bridge and soft recovery and Lt4320.
I had luck with voltages. Although transformer has 10vac with load has only 9.41v. Dac has on that line big current consumption. Although i have around 10000uf i got 10,2V on cap with soft recovery diodes and around 11,8v with lt3042. Ripple is identical, also scope pattern is almost identical vs soft recovery diodes. Ordinary bridge has more saw like, soft recovery and lt3042 have more round type picture.
Sound ...it is now impossible to be sure about the result, because now i have 1,5v more voltage before all preregulators.
Sound is more direct...like on days you say today is very good electricity. It plays with more easyiness. Dynamic is greater, also microdynamic. I hear on some songs wall echoes that i didn"t hear before, in singing choirs i hear more different voices, similar if you take good oscilator, but at oscilator change i didn"t got feeling that stage is bigger, now i have that feeling. It is cleaner but not harsh. Es9038pro can play thinner and bright with not good power supply but it plays smooth and very dynamic.
Maybe other members will share their experiences.
The only thing that is maybe problematic.... Exchange for standing bridge in terms of dimensions is ok but total size iz very big in compare to bridge i had big problems with assembling because of no space. Ususaly you have few bridges in a line but you can"t use for example 2 side by side...or you must bend and improvise.
Thank you again Prasi for your great work.