• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

Hi - I've stumbled across this thread as I'm searching for a DC voltage polariser with minimal forward volatrge drop. My search is based on LT4320.
My needs are simple: I need to connect a DC source of unknown polarity and ensure the correct polarity on the output with minimum volatge drop. The same as a reverse polarity protector. Is this 'over the top'? Are there cheaper/easier ways of achieveing this? The load will simply be a digital meter displaying the volatge. I appreciate that's going away from this thread.
Thanks in advance.

I am trying to make 4 smd bridges for an amp, and 3 of them works great, but the fourth only seem to deliver half of the supposed DC voltage. I probably burned one or two of these mosfets, and I did not order extra. Now they are on backorder everywhere. What do you suggest in this situation? How can I even test the mosfets and the lt4320?
Any help appreciated.

Hello Gary, let me try it with dual secondary , 2 of the LT , and 8 of the mosfets but it wont be a compact replacement for SIP-4 rectifiers; rather it will be a regular PCB that needs mounting holes, run wires to bulk cap PCB, etc.

regards
Prasi
Hi Prasi - I've been following this thread with interest. My needs are for a simple no-volt drop DC polarity checker, ie no matter which way 30vdc is connected it will be + and - on the output terminals. For that I don't need it to handle much current, maybe 100mA at most.
The SIP drop-in is excellent.
I do have another use, and that is rectification of up to 400vac to provide DC supply for valve amplifiers. That ideally would incorporate a ramp up to full volatge over, say 5 seconds, set by a resistor which could be chosen for different ramp up times. In that case, current is no more than 1A.
Would appreciate your comments. Thanks in advance.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I am trying to understand the 72v limitation of the LT4320 means.

Can this be used with dual secondaries of 34v?

(MOSFET CSD19503)

Is it 34v < 72v so it's okay?

or

Is it 34v + 34v < 72v so it's okay?

or

Is it (34v * 1.4) + (34v * 1.4) > 72v so it's not okay?

Have been trying to read and learn about it, but cannot find a straight answer.

Thank you,

David