• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

Hi prasi. Can you remind me what current the smd version is good for? I'm planning to use them for a class A amp project but that'll pull less than 5A so, IIRC, not a problem.

Thanks

Hello nautibuoy, 5 amps is not a problem with low Rdson mosfet with smd packages.
Eg. 5mohm and 5 amps is 125 mW. So you can use safely , no problems. Pcb has good copper area , so even 10mohm Rdson should not be problem.

Thanks prasi. I already have some BSC039N06NSATMA1 devices, which have an Rdson of 3.9mOhm so looking good to go.

Incidentally, do you have any more of the smd version PCBs available?

very nice mosfets indeed with desirable characteristics.
yes, I do have plenty of smd LT4320 rectifier pcb left in my stock.
let me know qty you require. I will use earlier credentials to send PP invoice.
regards
prasi

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I have not seen many (any?) of Prasi's finished "COMPACT CRC PSU-FOR EITHER DUAL SECONDARY OR CENTER TAPPED TRANSFORMERS".

Here is how one I am building sits before soldering in of the rectifiers (PB3508-E3/45) or main caps (380LX103M050A022).

This is being paired with a 300va dual 24v toroidal transformer for "Xmas Amp - Dibya's TDA7293 by Jhofland".

Snubbers were arrived at with Quasimodo jig.

The radiators Prasi recommended (ATS-PCB1061) for the rectifiers needed some modification to "fit" and are most likely overkill.

How does it look before I wrap it up?

(I added all the ground lugs because I am going to use one for the ground loop protection circuit and one for a speaker protection circuit fed off the main PSU)

20210715_232319_resized.jpg

20210715_232305_resized.jpg

20210715_232333_resized.jpg

20210715_232343_resized.jpg

20210715_232354_resized.jpg

Thank you,

David.

Stupid question: some power mosfets (many..) have a reverse diode.
It seems that it has to do with the substrate so sometimes inherent in the design.

Should that type be avoided?

Substrate diodes are very important part of the design. These are used at very start-up.
At very first power on, substrat diodes will charge output capacitor and LT4320 internal regulator will start to provide internal chip voltages.
Also, substrat mosfet diodes will and must cope with in rush current. If you use 10.000uF after synchronous rectifier, make sure that your mosfet substrat diode will be able to sustain min.10A for a short time. This information is provided in mosfet datasheet.

Regards,
Tibi

Hello all,
I am all out of LT4320 CRC PSU PCBs.
I plan to get manufactured it in 1.6 mm thickness (2.4mm no longer an option).
this order will be to take care of intermittent requirements that I keep getting.
if anyone is interested , please add your diya name and qty in the form of a list here below. once the pcb are ready, I will contact by PM.

regards
prasi