• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Reading back through this thread and having built one THT rectifier up it is working fine in my class d power amp. But I've just realised I didn't populate the 2 capacitors.! Still works.
What is happening exactly just out of interest.....without these. I shall solder them in ASAP.

Hello all, Can someone please direct me to the post where it's explained why one of these rectifiers can't be used by itself to supply a power amp from a single transformer secondary? I've got a single centre tapped traffo and I was hoping to use one of these with the centre tap blanked off. I've not had much luck when using STP130N8F7's. The amp powers up and bias's correctly but as soon as any load is applied the negative rail voltage drops to zero and the associated Mosfets go open. Thanks.

The amp is a Bedini 25/25. 35Vac across the traffo outputs and +/- 21V at the rails.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Hi Prasi -

Once again, thank you!

I am getting ready to assemble my boards. I know it is a pain to rearrange things, and this may have been mentioned before without me noticing.

In what I think is the latest revision to your THT boards, you've re-routed the traces for Q4, which does not correspond to the excellent renderings in post #765. Thus, Q4's alignment now "matches" Q2. I saw this immediately on the boards b/c they note the proper orientation on the silkscreen, and I checked with a DMM. However, this may trip up some builders.

If it is of limited trouble, could I suggest that post #1 be updated to point to a current rendering. Again, I know this might seem silly, but it may help out another builder.

:cheers:

Patrick

Hi Patrick,
Good point. It was my laziness and rendering takes long time (I had an old i3 laptop, slower than snail then) . So didnt do latest rendering.
I am attaching here correct renders for THT rectifier version.

regards
prasi

Attachments

• 3D-BACK-5.png
    3D-BACK-5.png
    303.5 KB · Views: 800
  • 3D-BTM-3.png
    3D-BTM-3.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 840
  • 3D-BTM-4.png
    3D-BTM-4.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 783
  • 3D-ISO-2.png
    3D-ISO-2.png
    671.7 KB · Views: 785
  • 3D-TOP-2.png
    3D-TOP-2.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 770
  • 3D-ISO-1.png
    3D-ISO-1.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 415
  • 2d-btm.png
    2d-btm.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 2d-top.png
    2d-top.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Hello all, Can someone please direct me to the post where it's explained why one of these rectifiers can't be used by itself to supply a power amp from a single transformer secondary?

In This Post I tried to explain what I found to be why it doesn't work with center tapped secondary in constructing a split rail PSU.....it is because the bottom MOSFETs stay conductive most all the time during the AC cycle instead of turning on/off in sync with the top MOSFETs. I attempted a circuit trying to make it to work but it seems too much complexity would have to be involved in order to get it work properly under all possible conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user