• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

Hi Prasi,
I have used the THT in my Alpha amplifier.
They're great :)

I like the snubber option, on the pcb is the best place where you can put a snubber.
I find LED indication only useful if it's also used as bleeder for the caps.
Now I've added 3w 3k with 20ma leds as bleeder across the PS rails.
The THT should remain a thick PCB, those thick wires from the transformers put a lot stress on the PCBs.

Grts,
Danny

Last edited:
Thanks Danny for your comments and also congrats on great build of alpha amp with LT4320.

Yes, I will put a large size resistor at the bottom of PCB for LED indication which will also work as a bleeder.
I can put SMD snubbers as option on THT but for SMD rectifier, they will take up too much space and reduce current carrying copper area. Lets see if I am able to come up with a solution for SMD also.

regards
prasi

Here are drafts for tht and smd. lots of copper and vias for tht also. thicker traces all around.

Attachments

• THT.png
    THT.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 542
  • SMD.png
    SMD.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 544
Google list

GB-2, LT4320 RECTIFER PCBS AND LT4320-CRC PSU PCBS - Google Sheets

updated with latest shipping status. All pcbs gone. thanks to all for the overwhelming interest.:):up:

With reference to GB no.2 list in the quoted google list , Request following people to confirm the deliveries

randytsuch = 2 CRC, SMD 2 pairs , THT 3 pairs
alazira:2 CRC, THT 6 pairs
tubesguy = 2 nos.LT4320+CRC
windwardmt = 4 nos.LT4320+CRC
spind 4 LT4320+crc, 4 smd, 6 tht
blitz 6 LT4320+crc, 8 smd

With reference to GB no.2 list in the quoted google list , Request following people to confirm the deliveries

randytsuch = 2 CRC, SMD 2 pairs , THT 3 pairs
alazira:2 CRC, THT 6 pairs
tubesguy = 2 nos.LT4320+CRC
windwardmt = 4 nos.LT4320+CRC
spind 4 LT4320+crc, 4 smd, 6 tht
blitz 6 LT4320+crc, 8 smd

Received a while ago, sorry for never saying so.

I'm actually not sure about SMD snubbers... because of the (to me) unknown power dissipated by the snubber resistors. Which power handling capability do they need? Maybe 1/3 Watt? ...? I'd prefer at least the snubber resistor to be a THT component which could be placed vertically to save board space...

Greetings,
Winfried