• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The SLB (Smooth Like Butter) Active Rect/CRC/Cap Mx Class A Power Supply GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The PayPal invoice method for GBs was just too time consuming. I will try managing the logistics of the GB2 for the SLB using my Etsy shop. You can place your pre-orders there and I will shop once I have enough orders (we are fine if most people on the interest list places an order).

SLBs available for preorder here:
Smooth Like Buttah SLB Class A PSU | Etsy

Note that SLB SR’s are available now. The SLB dual rail will take 2-3weeks.

Thanks,
X

Etsy allows you to use PayPal or CC and shipments are insured. Prices a tad higher due to higher overhead.

Today I finally received my two SLB-SL pcb, It seems the package was stuck at customs, was delivered to me after pay the whole array: 'import tax', 'dispach', 'dispach tax',... Total 25,42€!! .
And I am bothered in that case, cause was use post express instead of flat.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Today I finally received my two SLB-SL pcb, It seems the package was stuck at customs, was delivered to me after pay the whole array: 'import tax', 'dispach', 'dispach tax',... Total 25,42€!! .
And I am bothered in that case, cause was use post express instead of flat.

Sorry to hear about your taxes and fees. I mailed it via US Postal Service "First Class Parcel" rate - not express (that would cost about $60).

Today I collected my boards from the local post office; I too got stung with a hefty customs and handling charge - that's what this legalised extortion is called here in the UK - but I won't lose any sleep over it as it's just part and parcel of this hobby I've learned.

Anyway, the boards are excellent and the tape residue will soon be removed with a little solvent.

Thanks x.

I think it would really up the performance of the ACA over the SMPS supply.

I have an ACA in use at the moment but with a linear PSU to replace the SMPS for the 24VDC supply. On my list to try would be a single rail SLB to power the ACA - will have to get 1 or 2 of these from your Etsy store.

The improvement the regulated linear supply gave over the SMPS was amazing, so would be interesting to see what further improvement the SLB will bring.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
GB2 interest list.

analogdiy - 2 SLB - GB2
Bigaudioscotto - 2 SLB - GB2
Noviygera - 2 SLB - GB2
Asuslover - 1 SLB - GB2
Morde - 1 SLB - GB2
ppap64 - 6 SLB - GB2
axelcs -2 SLB - GB2
jameshunton - 2 SLB - GB2
80eengr - 2 SLB - GB2
douggoldberg - 1 SLB
sst4270 - 2 SLB
Algar_emi - 2(?) SLB

I think we have enough interest at this point for a GB2, please place a pre-order in my shop here. Make a note when you place your order what your DIYA handle is so that I can compare against this list. I would like to place the order for the boards soon.

Thanks,
X

Last edited:
Unfortunately I need to skip this one.

GB2 status:
analogdiy - 2 SLB - GB2
Noviygera - 2 SLB - GB2
Asuslover - 1 SLB - GB

ppap64 - 6 SLB - GB2 - Preorder Placed
axelcs -2 SLB - GB2
80eengr - 2 SLB - GB2
douggoldberg - 1 SLB
sst4270 - 2 SLB
Algar_emi - 2 SLB

Mr. X got me convinced to stay on board. :D

analogdiy - 2 SLB - GB2
Noviygera - 2 SLB - GB2
Asuslover - 1 SLB - GB2
Morde - 1 SLB - GB2 - Preorder Placed
axelcs -2 SLB - GB2
80eengr - 2 SLB - GB2
douggoldberg - 1 SLB
sst4270 - 2 SLB
Algar_emi - 2 SLB

analogdiy - 2 SLB - GB2
Noviygera - 2 SLB - GB2
Asuslover - 1 SLB - GB2
Morde - 1 SLB - GB2 - Preorder Placed
axelcs -2 SLB - GB2
80eengr - 2 SLB - GB2 - Preorder Placed
douggoldberg - 1 SLB
sst4270 - 2 SLB
Algar_emi - 2 SLB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hey guys, we just discovered a small error with the orientation of Q5, the BD139 used in the SLB SR board. Pin 1 is denoted by the square pad, this will have the part’s front side in contact with heatsink if you use the large Fischer style heatsink. This part really doesn’t need such a large heatsink and a small sheet metal stamped or C channel aluminum one would work fine. Small heatsinks like that can be flipped around to the “back” of the BD139. Alternatively, one can mount a BD139 with its front towards the heatsink. Make sure you use a non conductive shoulder washer or bushing on the mounting screw to prevent it from contacting the metal pad on the back of the BD139.

My apologies for not catching this earlier - but should not be a problem as long as you mount the part with pin 1 on the square pad.

The SLB dual rail does not have this issue.

Hi X, thanks for the addendum re the small error on the SLB-SR PCB.

I will need a couple of these which I believe are available in your Etsy store now.

Can you point me to the single rail schematic, parts list or BOM and stuffing guide - are these in this thread or another one?