• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy for Augerpro Scan-Speak waveguide (5" version A)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
This is a quick group buy for the waveguides designed by augerpro that will fit the "larger" Scan Speak tweeters. This group buy is for the 5" version A type, made from solid aluminium, black anodized.

These wavaguides fit the Scan Speak D3004/66x0 (textile and beryllium domes), the R2904 ring radiators and most likely also the R3004 ring radiator. Just replace their stock face plate by the waveguide. The waveguides might possibly also fit some of the other Scan Speak tweeters, but I have not seen how these tweeters look behind their face plate, so I can't promise.

Price will be CHF 90 per piece (about 80 Euro), or less if we can make it to 20 pieces or more.

I'd prefer shipping with Swiss Post.

To sign up to this group buy:
(1) Reply to this thread and add your diyAudio name and the number of waveguides you want to the list.
(2) Send me a PM with your full name, shipping address, telephone number (optional), and email address.
(3) Once the final price for the order is set, I will send you a PayPal invoice.
(4) Once I received the waveguides and your payment, I will send the waveguides to you.

I need my waveguides soon, so I will send out the order for this batch during the next few days. I will guesstimate the number of waveguides from the list, so please don't wait too long to subscribe.

----------------

List of buyers:

mbrennwa / 4 pieces

Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
quick update: augerpro made some small changes to the 3D file. The shape of the waveguide is the same, the fitting to the Scan Speak mech is the same, but the flange is a bit different (see attachment). The result is that CNC machining is easier, resulting in a lower price.

The new price is CHF 85 each (about 75 Euro).

I am preparing the order now, so act fast if you also want a set, or if you want more than you already ordered.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2019-04-14 10-39-42.png
    Screenshot from 2019-04-14 10-39-42.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 1,864
Last edited:
FedEx man was here. See photos (yes I should dust off my tweeters). The waveguides are really nicely made, and they fit my R2904 and D6600 very nicely. Great job by augerpro!

I will start sending out the PayPal invoices soon.

Attachments

• DSC09042.resized.jpg
    DSC09042.resized.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 655
  • DSC09041.resized.jpg
    DSC09041.resized.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 646
  • DSC09038.resized.jpg
    DSC09038.resized.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 662
  • DSC09044.resized.jpg
    DSC09044.resized.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 653
  • DSC09045.resized.jpg
    DSC09045.resized.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC09046.resized.jpg
    DSC09046.resized.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC09047.resized.jpg
    DSC09047.resized.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Excellent !
And when you will have time, I would appreciate your measurements of both R2904 and D6600 to help me deciding which one I will have to buy...

Ok, will do. But don't hold your breath, as I will be away from home for a few weeks to do some job-related field work in the middle of nowhere.

The choice between the R2904 and the D6600 and some of the other Scan Speak tweeters really depends on what you need. For the Monkey Coffin project, we needed an efficient tweeter that will work out to an "8 Ohm" rating, with low distortion, dispersion matching the Volt VM752 midrange, and some other things. What do you need?

Mathias,
I don't need anything special here, just willing to get the most of the wave-guide by coupling the most adequate driver. I don' have a real project in mind for the time being as I'm busy revisiting an old "boule" Elipson from the 60's but for sure will use the wave-guide in a future project
And by the way, payment sent !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.