• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB 8 piece matched Toshiba 2sk170 BL grade Jfet's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got mine too! I’ve got two sets, should I use each quad before and after the Nutube or on the right and left channel?

Just confirming, I read before one set per channel but it looks to me that it would make more sense before and after the tube

I hadn't given that any thought, I suppose either way has some advantage. They all are within the original specified range so either way will work. I'm planning on installing mine with the tighter matching per channel with respect to the input/output of each triode.

Jeffrey

No problem! Thanks!
Do you have any sets left?

For now no sets left. However, I kept two for myself but I may not use one of them. I bought a board with the fairchild Jfets from the diyaudio store and I plan to do a side by side build of it vs the Algar emi board. They both have tentative homes, which could change, I'm saving a set of the Toshibas in case the quality difference is noticeable. Would you like me to let you know if I'm not going to use them? It maybe a while.

Jeffrey

Some will be going into future ACA builds, socketed to allow reuse in other projects. Maybe another B1 (Korg). Maybe extra buffers for balanced preamp outputs.
I'm also trying to remember where I may have seen an N-type JFet differential input stage for something like the Aleph J.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.