• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You must have not received any of JPS64's prior layouts before? The billion via stitching is a JPS64 trademark, but they do serve a function. They tie the top and bottom copper planes together for an ultra-low impedance electrical path. They are plated through with gold as well so turn the board trace into essentially a metal "foam" matrix. They provide extra mechanical strength and resist traces from peeling off. Plus, they help dissipate heat. Downside is that they are manually placed and that takes a lot of time. It's not a simple click a button to "fill" like a paint program. Hats off to JPS64 for making boards like this for us. However, you have to be extra careful when soldering not to make a solder bridge with the vias.

Boards arrived a couple of days ago, I forgot to post update...Thanks!

Count me in for one pair of Wayne’s 2018 BA Linestage daughter boards for YARRA. I'll take two pair if it works OK with M2X.

Very cool to sample different sonic "flavors" so easily. The rewards for the DIY process doubles the pleasure, too. Satisfies the old curiosity itch nicely.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks for letting me know the boards are arriving. Looks like we have a few people interested in the Wayne’s BA (WBA) daughter board. Good to know.

We could have fun and make more variants in the future. I can think of several more already. My little pocket Class A headphone amp with a JFET and MOSFET source follower is one. There is a JFET and BJT MOSFET in a CFP is another. Those are a bit more colorful and can impart a tube amp like quality.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
758563d1558626206-waynes-ba-2018-linestage-596e1814-f59a-4835-9c25-733724e38807-jpeg

758564d1558626206-waynes-ba-2018-linestage-c2070523-53d2-47b5-a9dd-0722091371d9-jpeg

Wayne’s 2017 BA Preamp module for Yarra GB interest list - so far:

JPS64 - 2 boards
xrk971 - 2 boards
Vunce - 2 boards
Roundtoit - 2 boards
Carl Huff - 2 boards
Gary S - 2 boards
Meanie - 2 boards
Big E - 2 boards

16 already and enough for quick run from fab house.