• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, Vunce has done the hard work of sorting out every item and now that both of us have ordered from the BOM - we have made updates to correct for errors. It is almost all sorted out and should be available soon. The Mouser shopping cart is going to save everyone 6hrs of tedium so a big hats off to Vunce for doing this. He will send out link to the revised Yarrra shopping cart soon. Some parts come from Digikey or Arrow and others. About 90% of parts from Mouser though.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
The PCB order for the Yarra was just placed. Hopefully will have it in about 10 days. Here are the data for the final production version. A hats off to JPS64 for his superb professional layout. Thank you, JP!
Cheers,
X

Note: the BOM remains the same

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/att...er-hpa-melbourne-db-buy-yarra_bom_v1c_raw-zip

Vunce has a nice Mouser shopping cart all filled out that he can share (or has shared but I can't remember where). There are a few parts at Digikey (the Talema trnasformers) and maybe a few at Arrow.

Attachments

• YARRA_SCH_002a.pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 182
  • YARRA_PBA-TOP_002a.pdf
    63.7 KB · Views: 146
  • YARRA_PBA-BOT_002a.pdf
    40.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Calling all Yarra builders!

Here is the link to the filled Mouser cart with almost all the parts needed to build
the Yarra Preamp:

Mouser Electronics

Digikey has the Talema transformers:

70065K Talema Group LLC | Transformers | DigiKey

Some notes:
Pair of populated Melbourne’s needed
(10) 7mm brass stand-offs w/screws needed to mount Melbs to Yarra
V167,187 are BJT NPN D44H11
V168,188 are BJT PNP D45H11
C151-154, 171-174 TBA are Wima 2.2uf MKS2 caps
R153-154, 173-174 TBA are Vishay 51.1R resistors
C1022,1032 Elna Silmic II 10uF, but your choice of any boutique capacitor can be substituted.
Chassis parts(RCA jacks, power switch, etc...)need to be ordered additional

Hopefully this helps getting you all going :)

HAPPY BUILDING!!!
Vunce

Digikey has the Talema transformers:

70065K Talema Group LLC | Transformers | DigiKey

Some notes:
Pair of populated Melbourne’s needed
(10) 7mm brass stand-offs w/screws needed to mount Melbs to Yarra
V167,187 are BJT NPN D44H11
V168,188 are BJT PNP D45H11
C151-154, 171-174 TBA are Wima 2.2uf MKS2 caps
R153-154, 173-174 TBA are Vishay 51.1R resistors
C1022,1032 Elna Silmic II 10uF, but your choice of any boutique capacitor can be substituted.
Chassis parts(RCA jacks, power switch, etc...)need to be ordered additional

Hopefully this helps getting you all going :)

HAPPY BUILDING!!!
Vunce[/QUOTE]

Wow, that’s awesome Vunce! Thanks for the hard work on the BOM’s!

My plan was to build the HPA version with 70053K or 70063K transformers for 15v rails following X’s mods. Are the “Some notes” and TBA parts you listed specific to the 22v transformers you are using? Or will they work for the 15v transformers? I’m sure its a noob question.

I may in the future change the gain to the 16.8dB design as in the original. That’s what you are building correct?

Oh am I a noob. Hahaha. Visually it looks like transfo is between iec inlet and the cap multiplier. I’m going to assume we are talking about using 15v transfos in place of 22v ones you and Vunce are using. Sorry for beating this to death. I don’t like letting the magic smoke out.