• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB B1 Nutube PCB with integrated PS

A Nutube based I/V stage

Hi,

Congrats to this great project and those of you who've already built it. I definitely plan to do one myself.

While on the subject of Nutubes, I have one of those niggly ideas that wont go away.

I would love to see/hear a Nutube based I/V stage for the likes of RyanJ's 1541, Ian Canada's Fifo/isolator/dac boards or as a simple single board to install in various spinners and Dac's/

I have a feeling this would sound gorgeous and could turn into a really great little project / Group buy.

I'm fairly new to diy Audio and am not quite at the stage yet where I could design a circuit or modify an existing one but I'd be most grateful for any assistance or to see someone with the skills bung out a quick circuit to breadboard. This would be a fairly simple circuit no

With thanks,

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Rled=(U-Uled)/Iled.

For a dimmed green LED 2.5 mA is more than enough. Red, green, yellow and amber LED’s have an Uled of 1.6 to 1.8V so you can use 1.6V as difference is small. For blue and white LED’s Uled is around 4V!!!

So with let’s say you have 12V supply voltage and a green LED then it will be (12 - 1.6)/0.0025=4.16kOhm

If you choose a standard resistor you would use a 4k7. Then you can calculate how much the current will differ from the desired value. It will likely be negligable.

Last edited:
Rled=(U-Uled)/Iled.

For a dimmed green LED 2.5 mA is more than enough. Red, green, yellow and amber LED’s have an Uled of 1.6 to 1.8V so you can use 1.6V as difference is small. For blue and white LED’s Uled is around 4V!!!

So with let’s say you have 12V supply voltage and a green LED then it will be (12 - 1.6)/0.0025=4.16kOhm

If you choose a standard resistor you would use a 4k7. Then you can calculate how much the current will differ from the desired value. It will likely be negligable.

When I built mine, I tried a standard 4k7 with a blue LED and it popped :-o (I still don't know why!).

So I would suggest to start conservatively with a higher value such as 10k or more and adjust from there.