• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal bridge rectifier GB

Unfortunately the price for LT4320 instead to go down is going up.
Saligny HVHF MKIII is my attempt to offer a better synchronous rectifier at a better price.
There will be different designs that will cover a wide range of applications.
Current products LC, Standard, HVHF MKII will stay.
Saligny HC have no market.
Saligny HVHC is too expensive for DIY, so I offer only as OEM.

Wonder if anyone is interested in a three phase synchronous rectifier.

Regards,
Tibi

You may see the price of all semiconductors rising in the future. Supply situation and fab prices will impact end costs. Lead times are increasing dramatically, so secure stock whilst you can.

Basillus,

Saligny Power at 40Vac is theoretically able to continuous support a load of 100A at 5W total power dissipation.
It this "high end" for you ? :D

The biggest problem I have now is with connectors that start to melt at a lower current. Adding better connectors increase the cost considerably, so I may "limit" datasheet specs to ~60A.
60A is still "high end" for you ? :D

On the other side, Saligny Standard already cover a wide range of "low end" devices which are sold at real high end price.

Regards,
Tibi

A single "high end" diode will dissipate 6W at only 10A. In a full wave bridge will dissipate ~12W. This is what I call LOW END.

Saligny Standard is able to continuous sustain ~18A at 51Vac with ~4W total power dissipated.
I do not call here lower noise and all other factors.
Ths is what I call HIGH END.

Regards,
Tibi

Basillus,

Saligny Power at 40Vac is theoretically able to continuous support a load of 100A at 5W total power dissipation.
It this "high end" for you ? :D

The biggest problem I have now is with connectors that start to melt at a lower current. Adding better connectors increase the cost considerably, so I may "limit" datasheet specs to ~60A.
60A is still "high end" for you ? :D

On the other side, Saligny Standard already cover a wide range of "low end" devices which are sold at real high end price.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi, thanks!
And what about the continuous load current at high voltage like 300V ? For example in the tube amplifier, anode?

Saligny HVHF MKII already support 4A continuous at 450dc output. This is 1800W output.
Do you need more ?

I would really want to understand your needs and why you need, so I may offer a better design.

Now back to Saligny Power. This was designed to go up to 200Vdc output.
Based on the mosfets used it will be available as follow:
1. up to 40Vdc @100A continuos = 4000W output
2. up to 100Vdc @40A continuous = 4000W output
3. up to 200Vdc @20A continuous = 4000W output

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi, I don't think Basillus was questioning the quality of your kit (which is remarkable and I look forward to the new products). 'Low end', as I read it, seems to refer to low current, as suggested in his post #437.

ste you are absolutely right.
Asked if continuous load current is still low in the upcoming Saligny Power,
because in my 2 mono holton amplifiers I have 2 55VAC ring core transformers and therefore Saligny Standard can not be used here and of course I will not try to replace the existing rectifier bridges to a Saligny, if I do not think they are high end in relation to them. ;)

Basillus,

Ok, I understand your point, but you mix load current with AC secondary voltage.
However, Saligny Power will satisfy your needs as this was designed to go up to 200Vdc output, meaning 140Vac or 2 x 70Vac with centre tap.
May I have your blessing to call this Saligny, High-end ? ;)

What is the load current on your Holton amp ?

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hi tvicol
May i connect the Saligny like this, to use just the negative voltage.

Attachments

• Saligny_Neg.jpg
    Saligny_Neg.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 120