• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal bridge rectifier GB

I want to make something similar as your LC version but I want to do it with 4 discrete fet's.
On your LC I see only two 12-pin devices so I suppose one of them is a 4-way fet in a single package ? .. just guessing.

For < 1A load I suspect we can go much smaller than TO220 in trough-hole or even use SMD FET's.
For me the 4x TO-220 is too bulky.

New product Saligny HVHC

SalignyHVHC - synchronous bridge high voltage high current
maximum output voltage 450Vdc
maximum operating frequency 200Hz
maximum sustained output current 22A
peak current output over 100A

Will be available in 3-rd group buy.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• SalignyHVHC-1.jpeg
    SalignyHVHC-1.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 821
  • SalignyHVHC-3.jpeg
    SalignyHVHC-3.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 804
Joined 2017
Paid Member
how to use?

tvicol, I just found this GB while just looking around...

I'm just a curious novice who got trapped into building audio stuff, so I have to humbly excuse my ignorance...

Am I correct that this would be suitable for some firstwatt-poweramplifiers as well as pre-amplifiers? (the numbers indicate so).

I would use it just as I use any other rectifier, using (for example) a CRC afterwards, is that correct?

thank you
david

Hi Tibi, I have compared sound of HVHF bridges, against Saligny
Standard that I have in my ACA power amp (24v/1,5A) and Topping D50 Dac (5v/1A).
In both positions HVHF sound is much better, despite it heats more and correct phase on altern side is much more critical to properly sing. Now I could'nt remove them back again to
Saligny Standard, because HVHF sound upgrade is so addictive, the sense of power it provides to the music, bass extension, effordless projection and instrument separation. I now understand your words being proud of the achievement, and agree by my understanding you deserves recognition.
I thing it would be nice for the next group a revision on the low voltage standard model, or maybe a higher quality option more expensive.
If neither of those suggestions are suitable for some reason, could I request HVHF tuned for a 24V. circuit?
Also I am very curious if HVHC even has better sound than HVHF compared in a same low voltage, low current circuit.
Jordi

Last edited:
This is new to me as well, due I have used these two type of bridges in different appliances. Thank you !
Saligny HVHF make use of separate controllers for each mosfet and is capable to push the mosfet to high saturation, so the mosfets deliver their best. The hard job is taken by regulators that seem to be very rugged and reliable, so far. In the beginning I was a bit afraid that they run too hot, but now I have over 100 Saligny HVHF running at different voltages and frequencies.

Thank you very much for your words and for your time to review these bridges.
I love to receive here positive feedback. Here, I usually receive complains and on mail or pm the good ones. :-D

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Have tryed the Saligny standart on my Holton Precision Amplifier. And wow what an improvement.

Had invited to friends over"audiophfiles" to make an A B test. So wiring was not ideal, as i had to be able to switch from normal bridge rectifier to the saligny fast.

We were all verry impressed of how big a change it made. The soundstager was more wide, and the 3 dimentionality improved a lot. The best improvement it made, was that the dynamics in the bass while playing at low levels got really good.
The detailing level of the instruments is in a whole new level now.

Can´t wait to get my HVHF model to use instead. Will try the low power ones in my preamp aswell.

Kind Regards

Kenni.

Hello Tibi.
I want to learn this technique of active switching, can you point me to a simple controller to start with, I would like it very simple not advanced like yours just a simple 1chip and 4 mosfets.

I need low current under 1A for around 300VAC transformer at 60hz, no need for center tap support.
I was looking at NXP chip and 4 low rdson mosfets. Do you think it's a good start ? I would like avoid using external supply.

I know you are a maker and seller, so if you dont want to share some info to help me it's ok.
Thank you Tibi.

Last edited:
Hello Frederico,

Unfortunately there is no such simple one chip for synchronous rectification @ high voltages.
There are some cheap solutions using p and n mosfets, but you will fail shortly in finding a high voltage low Rdson pmos at a decent price.
analog_sa have decoded the idea behind my design, so made a search for his post.
If you talk about NXP's TEA2208, this is not a full wave rectifier. Don't be fooled by marketing, like me, and read datasheet carefully.

Regards,
Tibi

Thank you very much.

My goal is to learn. If my goal was to reverse engineer, I would have bought one saligny from you. So don't worry I am no looking to steal your design.

Yes I was talking about this nxp chip, they call it "Full wave active bridge rectifier" I will read the datasheet, I was goind to buy some and 4 cheap nmosfet just to test. Thank you you saved me time.

I knew about using a simple pmos and nmos arrangement from a youtube video from SGD. But pmos are considerably worse than n parts.

I will look for analog_sa post thank you.

But I understand from your answer that you recommend using multiple controller for High voltage operation. Thank you for the help.

It is OK to reverse engineer as long you use to learn something.
Here is the link that may save your time and money.
Re: TEA2208 Switch Speed / Waveform - NXP Community
Beside frequency and driver limitation, if you expect DC voltage after TEA2208 this will not work.

I'm currently designing the pcb for a new Saligny HVHF MKIII. This will be cheaper and may replace Saligny Standard as well.
Will feature:
- 1MHz operation
- 4Vac minimum voltage operation
- 440Vac maximum voltage operation
- capability to drive GaN mosfets
- capability to drive high Q charge mosfets

Regards,
Tibi

Thank you so much if you did not respond I was going to buy the nxp and try, I would have lost so much trying to figure out what is going wrong, you helped me so much. thank you.

I will order you Saligny MKIII when it's ready, it looks very promising, I will use as my benchmark ;)
Thank you Tibi. From my heart thank you.

I will try to not bother you again, but it seems that if you used 4 controllers on the MKII, I might not be able to do what I want with only 1 controller and 4 parts, So should I look at other circuits ?

U r welcome, Frederico !
This is the main goal of this forum, to share, discuss and learn.
At this time, the single "magic" synchronous controller is LT4320. They managed to pack so much in so small. You should look for other circuits. Almost all big semiconductor manufacturers have at least one.

Regards,
Tibi

I'm currently designing the pcb for a new Saligny HVHF MKIII. This will be cheaper and may replace Saligny Standard as well.
Will feature:
- 1MHz operation
- 4Vac minimum voltage operation
- 440Vac maximum voltage operation
- capability to drive GaN mosfets
- capability to drive high Q charge mosfets

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi.
If the new Saligny HVHF MKIII replace the Saligny Standard,
will there be any high current rectifier of Yours left?

Because if not, then I have to buy a lot of Your Saligny Standard to my amplifiers and high current psu to my "extreme" pc clone.

What about Your HC rectifier, is it completely abandoned?

Unfortunately the price for LT4320 instead to go down is going up.
Saligny HVHF MKIII is my attempt to offer a better synchronous rectifier at a better price.
There will be different designs that will cover a wide range of applications.
Current products LC, Standard, HVHF MKII will stay.
Saligny HC have no market.
Saligny HVHC is too expensive for DIY, so I offer only as OEM.

Wonder if anyone is interested in a three phase synchronous rectifier.

Regards,
Tibi