• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal bridge rectifier GB

Ron,

If you make use of two synchronous rectifier, you need a transformer with two separate secondaries. Does not matter if these are in phase or not, as each rectifier will operate independently.

At +/-60V another solution is to use a single synchronous rectifier as is Saligny HV. For this you need a transformer with two separate secondaries and connect these in phase.

I'll prepare some schematics that make things clear.

Regards,
Tibi

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
It is exactly the opposite. You can have a centre tap working with a single 4320 only if you construct the centre tap yourself out of two separate secondaries. No factory made centre tapped transformer will work.

This should be mentioned at the first post of this thread.

Yes! I see it is hard to catch matters in words without a drawing/schematic. I made a schematic after the comment of tvicol and had to laugh when I reread my own post.

Let us agree to use schematics instead of only words :)

Ron,

If you make use of two synchronous rectifier, you need a transformer with two separate secondaries. Does not matter if these are in phase or not, as each rectifier will operate independently.

At +/-60V another solution is to use a single synchronous rectifier as is Saligny HV. For this you need a transformer with two separate secondaries and connect these in phase.

I'll prepare some schematics that make things clear.

Regards,
Tibi

Thank you, your help is much appreciated.:)
The Saligny HV certainly seems an easier solution, but I have in my hand already the means to try the dual-chip solution, so it is very tempting not to wait.

Hey, wait a moment... If i understand well the last few pages of this thread, there is no way of using saligny with a NORMAL center tapped transformer (i say normal as 99,99% of all ct transformer secondaries have windings in anti-phase - i left 0,01% just because you never know...)? I mean no way using a single HV saligny nor using 2 separate salignys?
This is HUGE limitation, as a large part of HV transformers for audio are center tapped! I agree with analog_sa that this should be stated very well to anyone interested in purchasing a saligny rectifier, in red capitals in the first page... :(

Last edited:
Luca72c,

I do not see this as a limitation and I also I do not see your 99.99% CT anti-phase transformers. ;-)
Even anti-phase CT transformers can be easy phase corrected as the CT is in 99,99% cases made from two wires. In fact is a loop. Any diy-er with minimum skills may cut that loop and correct the phase.
This is a case that I learned together with diyaudio community. I offered a solution, there may be other solution/s that I'm not aware off. The issue is not mentioned on any LT/AD datasheet and I must admit that I had to turn on my scope several times till I figured out what is wrong.

This GB was closed months ago and is nothing to sell here. However your point is relevant and was added to first page.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Luca72c,
I do not see this as a limitation and I also I do not see your 99.99% CT anti-phase transformers. ;-)
Even anti-phase CT transformers can be easy phase corrected as the CT is in 99,99% cases made from two wires. In fact is a loop. Any diy-er with minimum skills may cut that loop and correct the phase.
This is a case that I learned together with diyaudio community. I offered a solution, there may be other solution/s that I'm not aware off. The issue is not mentioned on any LT/AD datasheet and I must admit that I had to turn on my scope several times till I figured out what is wrong.
This GB was closed months ago and is nothing to sell here. However your point is relevant and was added to first page.
Regards,
Tibi

Hello Tibi,

i don't want to argue, but believe me: in many years of interest for hifi gears and diy, i have seen dozens of ct transformers, many of them i used and others were used by friends of mine and i'm sure 100% of them had secondary windings in anti-phase and center tap made by a single wire. 100% of them. At lest here in Italy, i don't know if elsewhere it's the same, but i think so, as many of these transformers i saw were made in USA, Deutschland, Japan, etc...
So thank you for quickly providing a solution for this problem, i really appreciate your work, but my 2 ct transformers have secondary windings in anti-phase and single-wire center tap (maybe the loop you say is enclosed in the transformer's pack? I don't know, but i can't reach it...), so i cannot apply your solution and i think many other users cannot as well, unless they use to build/wind/unwind transformers by themselves, that i wouldn't call a "minimum diy skill". Surely i could buy another 2 transformers with dual identical secondaries and wire the center tap as you say, but i spent hundreds of euros for my current 500VA, low electromagnetic flux, ct transformers and i would like to use them and avoid spending other hundreds of euros.

Now, is it possible to find another solution that can work with normal, anti-phase secondaries, single-wire center tap transformers? That would allow many more diyers like me to use saligny.
Thanks

Last edited:
Some preliminary info on how to use Saligny active rectifier.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• Saligny_pre-doc.jpg
    Saligny_pre-doc.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 449
Please check our website or subscribe to our twitter to get info when we will start to sell.

Regards,
Tibi

Thanks Tibi. There's no pricing?

Minimum EU order for Saligny HV is 10 - assuming cost is OK is anyone interested in joining me in a group purchase? If so cut and paste the list below and add your name and required qty. As Tibi appears to have only a limited quantity this nees to be a quick exercise and I'll expect everyone to pay promptly upfront to make it happen. We can sort out onward distribution arrangements and costs later but they'll be at cost.

nautibuoy - 1 Saligny HV

I've mailed Tibi's company asking to place an order for 10 Saligny HVs.

Given the current limited availability of Saligny HV, that means a group buy may be limited to just the ten and run on a first come. first served basis.

Hopefully there will be enough interest so that I don't end up with all ten for myself.

If you want Saligny HV, copy and paste the list below into a new post and add your name to the end of the list.

nautibuoy - 1 Saligny HV

Last edited:
Uhmmm... My eyes are faulting or in the first schematic ct transformer windings are in anti-phase?
So what's the real matter with ct transformers? It's just that voltage between windings cannot exceed 51Vac? Is this true for saligny hv too?

Luca72c,

You may refer to this link on the phase and anti-phase (out of phase).
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/transformer/multiple-winding-transformers.html

Saligny (standard) will work between 6Vac and 51Vac.
Saligny HV (high voltage) will work between 24Vac and 200Vac.
Saligny LC (low current) has an operating voltage between 6Vac up to 40Vac

I also work on a Saligny 3PHC (3 phase high current) that will be able to deliver 200A continuous and a variation of Saligny HV with more "common" mosfets and a slight different approach.

Regards.
Tibi

Hi Tibi,

For the dual rectifier (figure 3 and 4) is there a preference between the two ?
Is one better for common noise filtering ?

Regards,
Danny

This is a good question. Now it will depend on how the winding was performed on the transformer secondary.
If both secondaries have been winded at once (which is normally done), than last image with anti-phase secondaries would have better common noise filtering.

Regards,
Tibi

Luca72c,
You may refer to this link on the phase and anti-phase (out of phase).
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/transformer/multiple-winding-transformers.html
Saligny (standard) will work between 6Vac and 51Vac.
Saligny HV (high voltage) will work between 24Vac and 200Vac.
Saligny LC (low current) has an operating voltage between 6Vac up to 40Vac
I also work on a Saligny 3PHC (3 phase high current) that will be able to deliver 200A continuous and a variation of Saligny HV with more "common" mosfets and a slight different approach.
Regards.
Tibi

Ok, that's nothing new to me. But i ask: what's the matter with saligny hv and ct transformers?
1. Ac voltage between secondary windings cannot exceed 51vac
2. Input ac windings cannot be in antiphase (but in the first schematics from your image they ARE in antiphase as they are wired in series, so wrong schematics or wrong rule?)
3. Something else?
I'm trying to understand, but sorry your infos are not clear for me, if not even contradictory