• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal bridge rectifier GB

Another batch ready for shipping.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• Saligny.jpeg
    Saligny.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 707
This is to let you know that I'm designing another two ideal bridges.
One will be dedicated to low voltage, small power applications, with very small footprint 6x6 mm and will handle around 8A continuous.
Second one will be able to handle voltages up to 200V and 35-40A continuous.
Synchronous rectification is the next step in audio (and not only audio), it brings sonic improvement in almost any appliance.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This is to let you know that I'm designing another two ideal bridges.
One will be dedicated to low voltage, small power applications, with very small footprint 6x6 mm and will handle around 8A continuous.
Second one will be able to handle voltages up to 200V and 35-40A continuous.
Synchronous rectification is the next step in audio (and not only audio), it brings sonic improvement in almost any appliance.

Regards,
Tibi

Hello Tibi,

Good plan!

But 200V is just about in between SS and tube. If you could bring that up to 400V or more you'd catch the tube crowd as well! Just 1A would be enough!

Jan

Thank you JD for delivery confirmation and GB subscription !

Joimonf, next ideal bridge will handle 200V @ even higher currents, while been very compact.

Destroyer OS, light green mean that goods are packed but not yet shipped.
Expect to have many of them shipped today.

Regards,
Tibi

Q&A session

Q. May I replace my bridge directly with Saligny without any modification ?
A. Yes, you can. However you must take care on min and max ac voltage.

Q. What is minimum and maximum ac voltage that Saligny will work ?
A. Min = 6Vac and Max = 51Vac

Q. How I can test if my Saligny is working or not?
A. Saligny will add at least 1,4Vdc after rectification. In order to be sure, measure dc with your diode bridge - and note down - and after Saligny is in place.
For example: If with diode bridge you have after rectification 9Vdc, with Saligny you’ll have at least 10,4Vdc.

Q. Why my regulator is hot after diode bridge replacement with Saligny ?
A. The power loss over your old bridge is now “transferred” over your regulator.
For example: If your regulator deliver under full load 1A, now will dissipate more power which is equal to aprox. 1,4V x 1A = 1,4W
You can avoid this by proper adjusting secondary voltage at your transformer, or set your regulator to deliver a higher output voltage.

Q. Can Saligny handle hight current dynamic range ?
A. Saligny is best here, as will act like a miliohm resistor. Entire transformer power is delivered to load with minimal loss.
In comparison a diode bridge will limit current and power delivered due power high loss over each diode.

Q. Which are audio improvements I may expect from synchronous rectification.
A. Better and dipper bass response. Improved macro dynamics. Less noise.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator: