• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal bridge rectifier GB

S,

The difference is in mosfet Rdson. At low voltage is easy to source mosfet with very low Rdson, even under 1mohm. Lower Rdson is translated in lower EMI, better current capability, lower power loss, lower noise and overall better audio performance.
For the time been only Saligny Universal at max. +/-40Vdc is available.
Universal @ +/-55Vdc is in production and will be available by the end of May.

Saligny Universal tested - over the specs - at 90Vac in, driving a 1150W load. 127Vdc out and 9A continuous.
Internal regulator start to get hot. Mosfet transistors, located in board corners, are cold.
SU-topvolt.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I made some measurements of the Saligny Universal bridges mounted on a board that I developed for Class B amplifiers.

The power supply outputs 50Vdc with 1.5K Ohms resistor load.

Stef.

Attachments

• SalignyU-DC.jpg.jpg
    SalignyU-DC.jpg.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 171
  • SalignyU-mesures.jpg.jpg
    SalignyU-mesures.jpg.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 148
  • SalignyU-spectrum1.jpg
    SalignyU-spectrum1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 144
  • SalignyU-spectrum2.jpg
    SalignyU-spectrum2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Q17-PSU-Saligny.jpg
    Q17-PSU-Saligny.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 171
Hi All,

I'am trying to find some reviews from Evotronix products in order to get some judgement about the advantages from these rectifiers regarding the sound qualtity compared to 'norma' diodes.

Has someone made comparisons?

These active rectifiers are quit an investment.

Thank you, regards Jan

ResisterClone
Joined 2011
Paid Member
JanDH,
I compared the Saligny Power (SP) to regular square bridge rectifier in ZM’s singing bush…the SP may have added a bit speedier/ clearer delivery in the upper frequencies….Psychoacoustic? I did not run any measurements. Switching between both, no noise was evident.

I went with the SP. I do like the mounting aspect. Of interest, the power supply board had a mounting screw hitting a trace on the board…direct short. I finally figured it out & the SP withstood the short..twice! So it’s a tough little bugger.
Yes they are spendy in comparison.

The Salignys are not there to change the sound of an amp. ;)
On the other hand, as it is quicker to provide energy than a classic diode bridge, this can change things for the amp.
It is mainly the technical characteristics that interest: Does not heat up (nice for class A which consumes kg of heatsink just for the diodes, nice for Classe B as fast to deliver energy). We get 1V more. Measurements also show that it is less noisy than traditional bridge diodes.

But expensive, I agree. I would have difficulty equipping all my amps with Saligny bridges.

Stef.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
IMO, active rectification used for Class A amplification has the advantage of reducing chassis temperatures.
Sound quality is a subjective matter and is probably up to the end user to figure out.
I do use active rectification for all my amplifier projects now.:yes:

Reactions: 1 users
I use mosfet regulation in most of my power supplies (exept where I use tubes) They have a clear audible advantage in the places where I use them.

One of the most surprising spots where these have clearly audible positive effect is the power supplies of my field coil loudspeakers, imagine that! The low impedance seems to be the key factor here.
The Salingy standard is very good in this spot but I even get better results with some self built mosfet rectifiers.

In my dac and streamers I like the Salingy standard very much.

I use LT3420 based active rectifier with Super Regulator in my soundcard and the difference for me is very very huge. Without LT4320 is sound like dead and I do not want to listen music. My body literally starts to scream. Everything sounds better, more detail, better vocals, flow, liveness etc. I am not so good to describe it. I also can understand that all people do not hear or feel the difference. :)

I really like to test GaN power active rectifier. If I could find suitable schematic for that.

Reactions: 1 users
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
@iTiberius us I tried to send a PM but apparently that is disabled.
I've been interested in your synchronous rectifiers before and now need a few more.
They are a unique product, very nice that you designed it for us!
I think the Saligny is what I need, should be no problem to supply 6A continuous at 12VAC in.
As the load is a tube heater through a step-down converter, the turn-on cold inrush current can be much higher, I guess that would not be a problem?
Are they in stock at your shop?

Jan