Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Ideal bridge rectifier GB
Ideal bridge rectifier GB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2019, 09:04 PM   #231
dremeier is offline dremeier
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
I can confirm that LT4320 will work just fine in such configuration, CT transformer, because I already used in several applications.


What matter is phase on secondaries to be same.
Some symmetric transformer secondaries are winded at once and this lead to one center taped secondary, but with two sections in anti-phase. This do not matter much when is used with two diodes for rectification.


So, my advice is to use a transformer with two separate secondaries and make sure these are in phase, or use two transformers each with one secondary and, again, make sure these are in phase.


Regards,
Tibi

From my understanding:
a) if the 2 secondaries (2x15V with CT) are in phase I would measure = 30V AC.
b) if the secondaries (2x15V with CT) are not in phase I would measure 0V.
Measure from one end to the other.

c) if measure from CT to one end each = 15V AC, even if the phase is not the same.

So in case b) it`ll not be possible to get +- or any voltage out of the rectifier?

So in my case the winding (15-0-15) must be in phase, otherwise I wouldn't get any voltage, right?

Last edited by dremeier; 8th September 2019 at 09:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 06:52 AM   #232
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Ideal bridge rectifier GB Ideal bridge rectifier GB
dremeier,

Your assumption is wrong. The best way to clarify yourself is to use your oscilloscope.

Regards,
Tibi
__________________
https://evotronix.eu
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 09:37 PM   #233
dremeier is offline dremeier
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dremeier View Post
From my understanding:
a) if the 2 secondaries (2x15V with CT) are in phase I would measure = 30V AC.
b) if the secondaries (2x15V with CT) are not in phase I would measure 0V.
Measure from one end to the other.

c) if measure from CT to one end each = 15V AC, even if the phase is not the same.

So in case b) it`ll not be possible to get +- or any voltage out of the rectifier?

So in my case the winding (15-0-15) must be in phase, otherwise I wouldn't get any voltage, right?
edit: a) and b) is true in the opposite way. Meaning if in phase = 0V, if phase is 180° = 30V.
here is a nice guide
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 10:12 AM   #234
dremeier is offline dremeier
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Thumbs up solved, center tapped Transformer with LT4320

as tvicol mentioned, the secondaries phase of the transformer must be in phase if you use the LT4320 with a center tapped transformer.
Here is a transformer with two equal secondaries:
Click the image to open in full size.
Normally the two secondaries are connected at 4 and 5 to get the CT. Then 3 and 6, respect to the CT, are out of phase by 180°. To get the secondaries in phase, 3 and 5 must connected to get the CT. Then 4 and 6 are in phase.

This behavior I canīt understand but it works with the LT4320.

Many thanks to tvicol who pointed me in the right direction!
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2019, 07:08 AM   #235
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Ideal bridge rectifier GB Ideal bridge rectifier GB
Saligny LC - low current.

Regards,
Tibi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7390.JPG (111.0 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_E7386.JPG (124.6 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7386.jpg (540.0 KB, 144 views)
__________________
https://evotronix.eu
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2019, 07:15 AM   #236
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Westende Resort, BE coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by dremeier View Post
as tvicol mentioned, the secondaries phase of the transformer must be in phase if you use the LT4320 with a center tapped transformer.
Here is a transformer with two equal secondaries:
Click the image to open in full size.
Normally the two secondaries are connected at 4 and 5 to get the CT. Then 3 and 6, respect to the CT, are out of phase by 180°. To get the secondaries in phase, 3 and 5 must connected to get the CT. Then 4 and 6 are in phase.

This behavior I canīt understand but it works with the LT4320.

Many thanks to tvicol who pointed me in the right direction!
OK, I get that. But that also means there is no advantage for a CT transformer. Using a xformer with a single secondary and putting the two LT4320 circuits in parallel has exactly the same functionality then.

Jan
__________________
Cable: a potential source of trouble interconnecting two other potential sources of trouble - Erik Margan
Linear Audio pubs and articles SilentSwitcher now at diyaudio store SilentSwitcher. Treg high voltage regulator
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2019, 07:16 AM   #237
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Westende Resort, BE coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Saligny LC - low current.

Regards,
Tibi
Very nice. What are the V/I limits for this setup?

Jan
__________________
Cable: a potential source of trouble interconnecting two other potential sources of trouble - Erik Margan
Linear Audio pubs and articles SilentSwitcher now at diyaudio store SilentSwitcher. Treg high voltage regulator
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2019, 07:22 AM   #238
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Ideal bridge rectifier GB Ideal bridge rectifier GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
OK, I get that. But that also means there is no advantage for a CT transformer. Using a xformer with a single secondary and putting the two LT4320 circuits in parallel has exactly the same functionality then.

Jan
You lost me here, Jan.
Putting two LT4320 in parallel on same secondary will not give you differential power supply V+, GND, V-


Regards,
Tibi
__________________
https://evotronix.eu
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2019, 07:24 AM   #239
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Ideal bridge rectifier GB Ideal bridge rectifier GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Very nice. What are the V/I limits for this setup?

Jan
Min Input = 6Vac
Max Input = 40Vac
Continuous load = 5A
Peak load = 8A


Regards,
Tibi
__________________
https://evotronix.eu
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2019, 08:09 AM   #240
jan.didden is offline jan.didden  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
jan.didden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Westende Resort, BE coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
You lost me here, Jan.
Putting two LT4320 in parallel on same secondary will not give you differential power supply V+, GND, V-

Regards,
Tibi
Oops. My bad, you're absolutely right.

Jan
__________________
Cable: a potential source of trouble interconnecting two other potential sources of trouble - Erik Margan
Linear Audio pubs and articles SilentSwitcher now at diyaudio store SilentSwitcher. Treg high voltage regulator
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Ideal bridge rectifier GBHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bridge rectifier rock12 Power Supplies 4 15th January 2017 09:06 PM
Bridge rectifier vs Full wave rectifier hilbert_mostert Tubes / Valves 4 28th April 2009 08:26 PM
Integrated Rectifier Bridge VS Rectifier Diodes Sci Chip Amps 11 16th July 2004 02:43 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki