• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal bridge rectifier GB

Luca72c,

If you want to use Saligny in your product, you must use a trasformer with two separate secondaries and one bridge per secondary.

Regards,
Tibi

So using a single Saligny for a dual voltage psu with a center tap transformer is not possible, even if secondary windings are in phase. It's a real pity, as room inside the chassis is really scarce; but at least we have something for sure finally.

That's true for all Salignys, not only Saligny HV, did i understand well?

Ok, then using one bridge per secondary, what schematic from your image in post 271 should i use? The third one or the fourth one?

Last edited:
I'll post more detailed information as soon I receive high voltage mosfets and I'm able to test and confirm good operation.
At this time I have two Saligny HV designs. One support center tap, one not. Each have advantages and disadvantages.
Please be patient. It looks like a simple project, but this not the case.

Regards,
Tibi

I'll post more detailed information as soon I receive high voltage mosfets and I'm able to test and confirm good operation.
At this time I have two Saligny HV designs. One support center tap, one not. Each have advantages and disadvantages.
Please be patient. It looks like a simple project, but this not the case.

Regards,
Tibi

Ok then, i'll wait. It would be very kind from you if we could already choose between the two designs in the GB we've signed in...
Thanks

Last edited:
In the meantime...

Not long until Jan 19th, though I'm not holding my breathe

GB for Saligny HV:

nautibuoy - 2 Saligny HV
Jazid - 2 Saligny HV
ste - 1 Saligny HV
Luca72c - 3 Saligny HV
Rinman77 - 4 Saligny HV
merlin el mago - 1 Saligny HV
nightsky -2 Saligny HV
s610adam - 4 Saligny HV
joimonf - 1 Saligny HV

Total = 20

Last batch was sold in less than a week. Next batch will be available at the beginning of March. Make sure you follow us on twitter to see when these are on stock.
If anyone interested to take distribution on North America or Asia Pacific and Australia please contact me.
For the time been only Saligny Standard and LC are in production.

Regards,
Tibi

I have too many projects so I'm culling some, hence I'm reducing my requirement for Saligny HV to one.

GB for Saligny HV:

nautibuoy - 1 Saligny HV
Jazid - 2 Saligny HV
ste - 1 Saligny HV
Luca72c - 3 Saligny HV
Rinman77 - 4 Saligny HV
nightsky -2 Saligny HV
s610adam - 4 Saligny HV
joimonf - 1 Saligny HV
tjencks - 2 Saligny HV

Total = 21

Hi Tibi. Just wondering how things are going with the Saligny HV?

Are you going to be able to service this GB, assuming testing is OK?

The test on high voltage, no load, went OK. I have purchased and used an autotransformer and increased voltage slowly. The bridge is able to sustain 300Vac without any problem.
I still need to perform a load test and see max current versus power dissipated and temperature.

For sure I'll make these bridges, but please be patient, let me test properly so people will know exactly what they get.
Unfortunately the coronavirus in China have pushed back few of my projects. I'm looking for an alternative PCB manufacturer. If anyone have a suggestion for one in EU who offer high quality at low price, please let me know.

Regards,
Tibi

Last batch was sold in less than a week. Next batch will be available at the beginning of March. Make sure you follow us on twitter to see when these are on stock.
If anyone interested to take distribution on North America or Asia Pacific and Australia please contact me.
For the time been only Saligny Standard and LC are in production.

Regards,
Tibi

I have no twitter account. I am interested in 5 bridges. How can I order these?

Regards,

Test results are very encouraging. I would like to know at which ac voltage each of you will run Saligny HV. Based on this I may optimise bridge operation.

Please add ac voltage on the GB list, as per below:

tvicol - 4 Saligny HV @ 160Vac
nautibuoy - 1 Saligny HV
Jazid - 2 Saligny HV
ste - 1 Saligny HV
Luca72c - 3 Saligny HV
Rinman77 - 4 Saligny HV
nightsky -2 Saligny HV
s610adam - 4 Saligny HV
joimonf - 1 Saligny HV
tjencks - 2 Saligny HV