Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Ideal bridge rectifier GB
Ideal bridge rectifier GB
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #151
jrocker is offline jrocker
diyAudio Member

Tibi,

Thanks for responding.

I think there will be enough interest in a 450V at 6A ideal diode, but - I also think you have to prove or at least provide some empirical evidence or an accounting that it is sonically beneficial first. Once that is done, it should be much easier to reach 100 units.

Frankly, right now any benefits at higher voltages in tube power supplies is based solely on conjecture or extrapolation from the benefits found at lower voltages in solid state power supplies. It may not follow. Not that I have any reason to believe it won't; but, as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed it yet.

Additionally, I don't think you'll generate as much of a following here as what you might on say, a "tube" forum.

Further, I think the "SalignyHV @ 200V" is a bit of a misnomer, at least in terms of the voltages commonly used in tube circuits. While 200V might be considered HV in solid state terms, it frankly is pretty much useless in tube terms. Maybe a bias supply, but that's about it. I think Jan might have indicated this earlier...

At any rate, if you're willing to share what you're thinking or have built for a 450V at 6A ideal diode, i'd be willing to try them in various tube power supplies and give you some feedback. Further, if feasible, i'd be willing to build one at my own expense and try it.

Short of that, you might be "dead in water" as they say.

Hope that helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
I have such project on my workbench, but are there enough people interested in a 450V at 6A ideal diode ?
Can we reach at least 100 units ?

On other hand, SalignyHV @ 200V is almost ready.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by jrocker; Yesterday at 03:40 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #152
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member

Ideal bridge rectifier GB Ideal bridge rectifier GB
Thank you for your comments, jrocker.

I'll share more info when I have first working prototype.

Regards,
Tibi
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM   #153
jrocker is offline jrocker
diyAudio Member

Tibi,

You're welcome, looking forward to it -

The transistor part looks the easier of the two. The substitution or replacement for the LT4320 or "controller" looks more difficult.

In addition to a full wave bride configuration, I'd also allow for the situation where a center tapped transformer is used as that is pretty common...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Thank you for your comments, jrocker.

I'll share more info when I have first working prototype.

Regards,
Tibi
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #154
tvicol is offline tvicol  Europe
diyAudio Member

Ideal bridge rectifier GB Ideal bridge rectifier GB
ucc24624 is a nice solution for center taped. ;-)
The hard part is to make it work at high voltage and mosfet selection.
In so many cases datasheet is pure marketing.

Regards,
Tibi

Ideal bridge rectifier GBHide this!Advertise here!